Greenback Recruiting

OutlawJoseyWales

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so funny how the greenback people are on here whining about the private schools and their ability to recruit. Greenback recruited a pretty good team for this year but just not good enough to beat NCS.

Loudon(your team)lost a good coach in Harig and gained a..Well let's say a not so good in Campbell.Kids in Loudon can go to ANY Loudon county school and GB has finally got the facilities to draw some of those kids that have turned their noses up for years and its about time.That's not recruiting it being fortunate!Who wouldn't want to play for the most consistent winning program in the county.Its only gonna get worse for Loudon until you all get another good coach,Loudon HAD a good tradition with Harig.Loudon being in Alcoa's region DOES NOT help either.To call it recruiting is kinda childish.Your welcome to come buy you a spot on our fence! Edited by orngnblk

If they have played at another school they will have to move. Once they do that then everything is fine. It's perfectly legal.

He is talking about the LMS kids that are wanting to play at GB.They are 8th grade they can go where they want and play immediately moving or not.We have had transfers and know that if they have an athletic record they will have to move.If they follow they rules what does it matter?It just upsets some folks.Heck we all get upset sometimes.LOL.LMS has a couple of REALLY GOOD kids that could hop immediately at a school like GB,where in 3A they may have to sit for a while. Edited by orngnblk

Loudon(your team)lost a good coach in Harig and gained a..Well let's say a not so good in Campbell.Kids in Loudon can go to ANY Loudon county school and GB has finally got the facilities to draw some of those kids that have turned their noses up for years and its about time.That's not recruiting it being fortunate!Who wouldn't want to play for the most consistent winning program in the county.Its only gonna get worse for Loudon until you all get another good coach,Loudon HAD a good tradition with Harig.Loudon being in Alcoa's region DOES NOT help either.To call it recruiting is kinda childish.Your welcome to come buy you a spot on our fence!

So a better situation as a draw for kids in open zone schools is not an advantage and not worthy of a multiplyer but call then a private and everyone loses their minds.

Got it.

So a better situation as a draw for kids in open zone schools is not an advantage and not worthy of a multiplyer but call then a private and everyone loses their minds.

Got it.

Exactly!! Which is why GB and all other open zoned schools should be moved in a division with the privates that are playing in public classification now. Can't be a hypocrit and just move the privates

Got it.

I haven't bashed your privates!LOL.Do I think they belong in a league of their own?yes.You can't compare a little country school like GB to a private with unlimited resources.GB has no resources.We have just been fortunate as of late to have a new school and that's what has turned kids away,even some of our middle school leave before high school because of that dilapidated structure we had IT HAD BEEN CONDEMNED! Finally we are catching up with some of the other 1A schools and providing a safe and great academic school.You have to have something to recruit all we have is a decent football team and new school.The Baseball will be better but Basketball may win 10 or so games.So what do we have to recruit to??Its not our fault kids do not want to play for Loudon now.They are in our county so we will take them.

Exactly!! Which is why GB and all other open zoned schools should be moved in a division with the privates that are playing in public classification now. Can't be a hypocrit and just move the privates

Define open zone. That's the question. In our small, rural county kids can go to whatever school they want out of the three, but buses won't take them. They have to find their own transportation if it's not their home school. There is a difference in these counties and the ones that are larger and bus them anywhere they want to go. I agree that if they are going to provide bussing from one end of a county to another then by all means give them a small multiplier, but places like South Pittsburg, Jasper and Whitwell they don't have the luxury of saying "I want to go to another school" and go out to the bus stop. There is a major difference. Also, don't forget the magnet schools that can pull from anywhere and have no multiplier.