White House Heritage vs White House. 9AA District Play Begins

NeWbLuE

What will we know ? That chetham is the best a lot of bad teams at the bottom . Maybe white house and westmoreland get hot one night and steal a win against chetham . Those are your top 3 . Book it !!!! The blue devils only played 7 last night keep an eye on that late in the season if that continues . They shot it terrible from 3 and missed a lot of easy ones inside last night agsinst Springfield . Think they might have been looking ahead to heritage . Shocked they lost . Might not be as good as I thought but it is still early

Forget WH and Westy, Harpeth may be the team to look out for. Just looking at box scores Harpeth beat Dickson Co, a team that just a few day earlier beat Cheatham Co. Seems Harpeth outscored Dickson Co 33-21 in the second half. I find that a little scary...  Better not count your chickens too soon B52.

WH Heritage vs White House:  This game will have a lot of hype coming into Tuesday. The two teams split the games last year. These boys have played together on the same teams at times over the years...they know each other. Couple that with the fact that both teams were beaten by Springfield by the same score amount... they appear to be about equal. WH has a few Seniors that start, that will be a slight advantage. In my opinion Heritage has the better athletes, only slight advantage. This game will come down to shooting, free throws and game strategy. I hope the Referees let the boys play. That last hope unfortunately tends to go against Heritage...even at home.    

Heritage by 6.  58-52

B52- I had heard that white house had a bad shooting night in their own gym, and still had various opportunities to win the game had they made some open looks or lay-ups in the last quarter.

Harpeth has played better than most probably would have expected. They are well coached and very fundamental......TRUTH

NEWBLUE- Hard to compare those Springfield games. Pretty sure both White House Heritage and Springfield played their last football game on 11/20 and played that game on 11/24. Most of Springfield's best players are footballers....TRUTH

Should be a great rivalry game in the best gym in the region, and honestly White House Heritage should host either district or region....TRUTH

I have seen both teams play multiple times this year....White House has a huge advantage at the PG position, and overall team shooting. Heritage has better post offense.....TRUTH

My prediction: If the winning team scores over 55 points then White House will win, if the game is below that White House Heritage will win.....TRUTH

Forget WH and Westy, Harpeth may be the team to look out for. Just looking at box scores Harpeth beat Dickson Co, a team that just a few day earlier beat Cheatham Co. Seems Harpeth outscored Dickson Co 33-21 in the second half. I find that a little scary...  Better not count your chickens too soon B52.

WH Heritage vs White House:  This game will have a lot of hype coming into Tuesday. The two teams split the games last year. These boys have played together on the same teams at times over the years...they know each other. Couple that with the fact that both teams were beaten by Springfield by the same score amount... they appear to be about equal. WH has a few Seniors that start, that will be a slight advantage. In my opinion Heritage has the better athletes, only slight advantage. This game will come down to shooting, free throws and game strategy. I hope the Referees let the boys play. That last hope unfortunately tends to go against Heritage...even at home.    

Heritage by 6.  58-52

I agree with your harpeth statement, thats what happens when you have the best coach in the district. It is no surprise they are winning. 

But the rest of what you said might be some of the dumbest stuff I have ever heard. They are about as equal as rocks and cotton. For you to think that heritage has the better athletes is crazy, they have 1 athlete. Not that, that  means anything in basketball anyway, Lance Armstrong is an athlete Usain Bolt is an athlete, doesnt mean they can play basketball! It is a basketball game and there is one thing that matters, the ball has to go in the basket. And they just cant score! 60 points and 44 points against the same team is even? Since when? You think a team that has won one game avg 51 ppg is going to beat a team that has 4 wins 2 against 3a schools and that is avg 63 ppg...I ask you how? You are already begging for the refs to help, if heritage wins this game it would be like the US beating USSR in hocky in 1980...If this game is close I would be surprised, Hopefully I wont have to work and i will be able to see it come down to "shooting, free throws, and game strategy". The only thing it will come down to is will heritage have enough oxygen tanks on the side lines to run with them, and strategy will be when will the coach wave the white flag and sub down and hope that wh does the same thing so the score is respectable in the paper! 

US vs USSR if heritage wins!

they are behind greenbrier in these polls!

9-AA STANDINGS
TEAM OVERALL % CONF % PF PA Cheatham Co Central High School 5-2-0 0.714 0-0-0 0.000 475 439 Sycamore High School 2-1-0 0.667 0-0-0 0.000 112 150 White House High School 4-3-0 0.571 0-0-0 0.000 384 371 Harpeth High School 3-4-0 0.429 0-0-0 0.000 349 376 Westmoreland High School 2-3-0 0.400 0-0-0 0.000 283 261 Greenbrier High School 1-4-0 0.200 0-1-0 0.000 235 270 White House-Heritage High School 1-5-0 0.167 0-0-0 0.000 307 365

Ok I was trying to be nice . I have not seen heritage play but if WH pushes the pace and doesn't allow heirtage to sit back. I would be surprised if this game is a 20 point game . Rivarky or not !!! . Refs or not !!! Nobody in the city of White House ever get calls . So it's a wash . Athletes well if they have better athletes then WH I don't know why they play slow ball . I think that is why WH wants to run because they do have athletes . Springfield is terrible WH must have been looking ahead . Only made 3 3's way under their average . Missed at least 10 layups . They should have destroyed them not sure what their problem was . They play like that , heritage might have a chance then

Guru writes "And they just cant score! 60 points and 44 points against the same team is even"?

Springfield dropped 66 on WH, Springfield scored 51 against Heritage . That is the difference and that is how. btw funny post guru.

B52 I believe that's why WH lost... they did try to run with a team that runs....and they got beat at their own game. 

I agree with TRUTH, Heritage should host the District, the gym is prob one of the top 10 in the state.

New blue you are so biased . Can you not be objective . Have you been in every gym to even make that comment . 9AA doesn't count . I agree it's a decent gym and it would be better than vol state . New blue did u even see the Springfield game . WH loves to run and should have beaten Springfield by 20 anybody in the gym that is objective could have seen that . Springfield is really not that good but they do have a decent coach . WH should have had 80-85 points that game . I think you can never compare two scores against a common opponent just for the fact of pace of the game . You can hold the ball and score be 22-20 but the other team played coast coast and its 90-88 . Both 2 point games . I would say that the team that gets the pace to their liking wins .

I thought it was a poor display of basketball  and officiating . Let the boys play . Way too many fouls . I know the blu devils attack a lot but,  good gosh a foul every time down the floor . Called awful both ways though . 3 Tech. Fouls . The game was poorly played by the blue devils . The 4 games I have seen this year,easily the worst . Over 15 missed lay ups, poor shooting from 3 , way too many offensive rebounds , and poor choices by their point guard . I really have enjoyed watching the point guard this year , but this game he looked awful . shooting circus shots through the lane and trying to force passes into players that were not open. Blue Devils deserved to lose that game but came up with two important stops when it mattered most . I would say the patriots will have a long year maybe 5th place if they are lucky . The Blue Devils who knows could be first could be last if they dont get the point guard under control . Blue devils - CC next game I plan on attending .