13 Knox County Schools getting new football fields thanks to Pilot.

BarneySox2007

You do realize that even though Don Long was not voted to the board, they created a position for him as project manager for operations overseeing school construction projects. Not sure why with his history of embezzlement in his past role of mayoral assistant and economic and community development director in Hendersonville. I assume this is why the stadium is not being addressed along with soccer concessions and bathrooms. There has been a porta potty with building materials at the soccer field in front of the school since last spring. No construction has begun.

Yeah I mentioned that a few comments ago without giving his name. I like how that position pays $75,000 a year too. I was told last week that they are actually working on that year long project now. I still do not see any work being done. The county wants to use their employees whenever possible for projects like this. There are several ongoing building projects being done at county schools. I am just waiting on the media to get involved with stadium because I have very very little confidence with Long and Phillips.

Yeah I mentioned that a few comments ago without giving his name. I like how that position pays $75,000 a year too. I was told last week that they are actually working on that year long project now. I still do not see any work being done. The county wants to use their employees whenever possible for projects like this. There are several ongoing building projects being done at county schools. I am just waiting on the media to get involved with stadium because I have very very little confidence with Long and Phillips.

I don't mind mentioning Don Long. He is a crook and our superintendent hired him knowing he was voted out by the public and his history of financial issues with the city of Hendersonville. His overwhelming support of one school where his kids went and underwhelming support of their rival school is more than glaring. http://www.everythinghendersonville.com/articles/article412.aspx

Station Camp has to fund half of their new field house after some uproar when Phillips was going to push through the entire cost through the board originally. Meanwhile, Gallatin visitor side stadium should be condemned. Makes absolutely no sense. Phillips and Long need to go and/or all schools need equal representation heard not just some issues pushed behind the scenes and their agenda at the forefront.

I don't mind mentioning Don Long. He is a crook and our superintendent hired him knowing he was voted out by the public and his history of financial issues with the city of Hendersonville. His overwhelming support of one school where his kids went and underwhelming support of their rival school is more than glaring. http://www.everythinghendersonville.com/articles/article412.aspx

Station Camp has to fund half of their new field house after some uproar when Phillips was going to push through the entire cost through the board originally. Meanwhile, Gallatin visitor side stadium should be condemned. Makes absolutely no sense. Phillips and Long need to go and/or all schools need equal representation heard not just some issues pushed behind the scenes and their agenda at the forefront.

You forgot that his wife was the rival school's QB club president. I remember getting into a debate about this a few years ago on here with a supporter who then asked me to donate toward their fund for the field house. I think they originally asked for $2 million but we're granted far short of that. Anyway, I whole heartedly agree about which should take president. If they will fix the structural issues outlined in 2011 then I am sure others will step up and get the rest in order. I went by there last night and just shook my head in disgust. Those schools in Chatt that are having issues are no worse than Gallatin. Those are getting condemned and fixed. We just wait for the collapse. Hopefully we all can get some voices heard at the board and then county commission. Anybody and everybody can at least call and make them aware that we all know. The media will not be far behind if there is no movement on this issue.

You forgot that his wife was the rival school's QB club president. I remember getting into a debate about this a few years ago on here with a supporter who then asked me to donate toward their fund for the field house. I think they originally asked for $2 million but we're granted far short of that. Anyway, I whole heartedly agree about which should take president. If they will fix the structural issues outlined in 2011 then I am sure others will step up and get the rest in order. I went by there last night and just shook my head in disgust. Those schools in Chatt that are having issues are no worse than Gallatin. Those are getting condemned and fixed. We just wait for the collapse. Hopefully we all can get some voices heard at the board and then county commission. Anybody and everybody can at least call and make them aware that we all know. The media will not be far behind if there is no movement on this issue.

I hadn't forgot. There is a growing amount of people willing to have voices heard. Hopefully, it translate to action.

I hadn't forgot. There is a growing amount of people willing to have voices heard. Hopefully, it translate to action.

Just knowing that the stadium may get replaced with a plain Jane aluminum bleacher stadium (think of Station Camps stadium) just makes my blood boil. The board won't give us something concrete with columns. For example, Lebanon's old stadium (Nokes Lassiter Field) looks cool and intimidating. & Lebanon fans like the old stadium better than the new one, since they had to build a stadium where the new school was built. & it's another one of those aluminum, plain jane, put together kit looking stadiums like many other schools are getting. Not my taste. Edited by thegreatone36

Just knowing that the stadium may get replaced with a plain Jane aluminum bleacher stadium (think of Station Camps stadium) just makes my blood boil. The board won't give us something concrete with columns. For example, Lebanon's old stadium (Nokes Lassiter Field) looks cool and intimidating. & Lebanon fans like the old stadium better than the new one, since they had to build a stadium where the new school was built. & it's another one of those aluminum, plain jane, put together kit looking stadiums like many other schools are getting. Not my taste.

I agree. Hopefully Garrett Brothers can assist with that.

Just knowing that the stadium may get replaced with a plain Jane aluminum bleacher stadium (think of Station Camps stadium) just makes my blood boil. The board won't give us something concrete with columns. For example, Lebanon's old stadium (Nokes Lassiter Field) looks cool and intimidating. & Lebanon fans like the old stadium better than the new one, since they had to build a stadium where the new school was built. & it's another one of those aluminum, plain jane, put together kit looking stadiums like many other schools are getting. Not my taste.

nobody I have talked to wants a plain Jane looking aluminum seating, but in regards to safety, if that is what it takes then so be it. I assure you the other improvements will not be plain jane if the more pressing issues can get solved. Just look at the concrete wall that was built 2 years ago and the new paint on the field goal posts. Simple improvements that enhance the stadium as bad as it is. Imagine a new field house, bathrooms and concession stand with new sidewalks. Add brick facing to the sides of the stadium like Beech and Hville. It could look completely new and improved.

nobody I have talked to wants a plain Jane looking aluminum seating, but in regards to safety, if that is what it takes then so be it. I assure you the other improvements will not be plain jane if the more pressing issues can get solved. Just look at the concrete wall that was built 2 years ago and the new paint on the field goal posts. Simple improvements that enhance the stadium as bad as it is. Imagine a new field house, bathrooms and concession stand with new sidewalks. Add brick facing to the sides of the stadium like Beech and Hville. It could look completely new and improved.

I believe first to be addressed is the visitors seating then press box.