15A Girls Favorites

Copeland

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I don't think so. Lady Lions are a year away (at best), Riverside lost too much, Adamsville has yet to play up to their potential (which could be very good), and the Jackson schools just don't have the horses.

If their shots fall, the  Lady Cardinals probably have more of the individual ingredients needed to play with Middleton than the other 15A teams, but their outside shooting hasn't been good enough...yet.

Edited by tradertwo

No, I don't think so. Lady Lions are a year away (at best), Riverside lost too much, Adamsville has yet to play up to their potential (which could be very good), and the Jackson schools just don't have the horses.

If their shots fall, the  Lady Cardinals probably have more of the individual ingredients needed to play with Middleton than the other 15A teams, but their outside shooting hasn't been good enough...yet.

Trader,

What happened to you guys at home vs Chester?  You guys must have shot the ball like a lot of teams do when they come into your home gym. 

Trader,

What happened to you guys at home vs Chester?  You guys must have shot the ball like a lot of teams do when they come into your home gym. 

Didn't make the game, too many "obligations" for the holidays I guess. We're young, and we play young. There's some very good talent with lots of potential on the floor at any time, just no senior leadership. Not saying that there's not enough "fight" in the ladies, but when things aren't going great, you just have to grit it out, not panic, and not let the game get away in short stretches...nobody with the experience to hold them together when shots aren't falling. Time will tell just how good they can be, but someone has to take the role of floor leader.

• 2 weeks later...

Question i have for fans of TCA and USJ. Are Anna Jones and Brynne Lytle D1 kids??? Or perfect fits for Union and Freed??? I seen both play, and i think in the right situation(UT Martin, Lipscomb, Florida Gulf Coast) teams who rely heavily on the 3 pointer they can contribute. Opinions????

Question i have for fans of TCA and USJ. Are Anna Jones and Brynne Lytle D1 kids??? Or perfect fits for Union and Freed??? I seen both play, and i think in the right situation(UT Martin, Lipscomb, Florida Gulf Coast) teams who rely heavily on the 3 pointer they can contribute. Opinions????

IMO, Anna will be a solid player at a mid major D1 school and Brynne, due to her size, will be the same at a D2 school.

• 3 weeks later...

Riverside has surprised me a little through the first half of district play.  I thought they would have more than the the one loss to Middleton.  Second thru fifth place are still up for grabs. You want to be in second or third at the end to avoid getting pummeled by Middleton until the finals.

Riverside has surprised me a little through the first half of district play.  I thought they would have more than the the one loss to Middleton.  Second thru fifth place are still up for grabs. You want to be in second or third at the end to avoid getting pummeled by Middleton until the finals.

Only the one district loss is a little surprising, but the way that they're playing isn't...good coaching can't be hidden. The Adamsville game this week could have been their second, they (Riverside) were outplayed for the final three quarters after jumping out to a big early lead, but sometimes even good teams let off the gas in that situation. Going to be interesting who matches up with whom in the tourney, but when the dust settles it'll be Middleton and most likely Gibson Co. headed to the 'Boro. GC is undefeated in 14A too, but hit a late shot to win against Peabody this week...Saturday's game at Chester Co. will be a great measuring stick for the Lady Pioneers.

Only the one district loss is a little surprising, but the way that they're playing isn't...good coaching can't be hidden. The Adamsville game this week could have been their second, they (Riverside) were outplayed for the final three quarters after jumping out to a big early lead, but sometimes even good teams let off the gas in that situation. Going to be interesting who matches up with whom in the tourney, but when the dust settles it'll be Middleton and most likely Gibson Co. headed to the 'Boro. GC is undefeated in 14A too, but hit a late shot to win against Peabody this week...Saturday's game at Chester Co. will be a great measuring stick for the Lady Pioneers.

Trader,

It looks like Scotts Hill is having a decent season with a young team.  I will echo what you said about good coaching being hard to hide because I think Tracy is a good as they come!