15A Girls Favorites

Copeland

Trader,

It looks like Scotts Hill is having a decent season with a young team.  I will echo what you said about good coaching being hard to hide because I think Tracy is a good as they come!

Hope the recipe still works...last time that SH was this young their record was worse...two years later went to the 'Boro with a goose egg in the L column.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be pulling for you on Tuesday night against Riverside.  Can you beat them at Home?

Wouldn't take a miracle, but I'd make them the favorite even at our place if only by a small margin. Only a four point game at their place, but I think that they have gelled faster than the young Lady Lions. There's always the chance that SH plays up to their talent level against a "good team"...they have done it a few times this season, but they have also looked rough against inferior teams too. If they play as well as both Adamsville (2 wins) games, both Lexington (2 losses) games, Trinity, and Chester Co. they could beat Riverside by 10...play like freshmen and sophomores, and they could get whipped. Point is, Riverside is fairly consistent and SH has had high's and low's rather than steady progress.

Edited by tradertwo

Wouldn't take a miracle, but I'd make them the favorite even at our place if only by a small margin. Only a four point game at their place, but I think that they have gelled faster than the young Lady Lions. There's always the chance that SH plays up to their talent level against a "good team"...they have done it a few times this season, but they have also looked rough against inferior teams too. If they play as well as both Adamsville (2 wins) games, both Lexington (2 losses) games, Trinity, and Chester Co. they could beat Riverside by 10...play like freshmen and sophomores, and they could get whipped. Point is, Riverside is fairly consistent and SH has had high's and low's rather than steady progress.

I heard the last minute of the Adamsville v Scotts Hill game was quite exciting.  Did you go or hear how it finished.  I heard Adamsville was up 2 with less than a minute left and then  committed 2 intentional fouls and then lost by 4.  What was the real scoop?

I heard the last minute of the Adamsville v Scotts Hill game was quite exciting.  Did you go or hear how it finished.  I heard Adamsville was up 2 with less than a minute left and then  committed 2 intentional fouls and then lost by 4.  What was the real scoop?

To be honest, it was horrible officiating...In my opinion SH would have won without it, they were up 2 with seconds to go and the ball. The Adamsville kids were instructed to foul as soon as the ball was inbounded, which is "standard practice"...A'ville player grabs SH player while the inbound pass is in the air, and an intentional foul is called...after the free throws the same scenario is repeated including the intentional foul call. Two more free throws and another inbound pass...this time with a hard foul. That's three fouls and six free throws with virtually no time off the clock (maybe one or two seconds on the third foul)...then a technical is called on the player for asking the ref why the first two were intentional.

I've seen this exact tactic employed at the end of almost every game that ends with a 10 point or less margin, and have never saw an official call an intentional foul unless it was extremely rough, which these two were not. Heard that Coach McClain (Adamsville) was sending a copy of the film to TSSAA, as he should.

By nature, these type fouls are intentional...more often than not the coach will instruct the sideline official that a foul will be committed as soon as the ball is inbounded, or at least make no attempt to hide the fact that players are instructed to foul, but the fouls have never been called that way to my knowledge.

Just seems that the calls were out of place...I wouldn't be against calling intentional fouls if the player obviously made no attempt at the ball or defensive positioning, provided that it was consistent, but the timing of the calls and the technical were really bad. Also, it doesn't matter, but I thought the final margin was at least 6 or 7.

Burn,,,,

How is JCS playing.

Up and down!  basically 500 ball.  They have a lot of tools but struggle some nights.  Still are dangerous come post season play because 2-6 teams are all pretty evenly matched and district 16 has been notoriously mediocre come Region tournament time.  Would be competing for the district championship if they had a dominant PG that could penetrate and beak down defenses.

No doubt she ends up D1. High-major probably not, doubt if she hits a big growth spurt over the next 3 years. But every single mid to low level D1 in the region she can play for. Still a lot to work on with her game. I think she can potentially get to that Heather Butler type level.