Will Hester Leaves Ravenwood

tnfootball88

Ravenwood will remain 6A next year as schedules are done in two year cycles and next year is the second year of the cycle. The Raptors won't be affected too much as they get to keep all their juniors and seniors. What I'm wondering is if the TSSAA will keep to their four year reclassification system. If so then Ravenwood will be in trouble as it will take time to rebuild their population base. And as someone noted the growth is the Nolensville side so the Knights will be a large school in no time. The other part of this that will be interesting is that Independence and Centennial will be soon be two of the largest 32 HS in Tennessee. Indy next year for sure. If it's another's three years before reclassification then those two schools should continue to feast in 5A. Should being the key word.

Lots of things to consider here. Remember the rule that states a program that loses a certain% can move down. How much that is I do not remember. Also seeing how Lebanon and Wilson Central had a massive jump in student population which sent 2 schools down to 5-A that were thought to be in 6-A, you cannot for sure say Indy and Centennial will move up during a reclassification. The entire mid state is growing no matter which county might be growing the most. Take for instance Sumner Co, while most do not see it, Station Camp and that area is growing at a ridiculous rate. So is the area in Murfreesboro and Mt Juliet. It may not effect every school in the county but some get a lot of growth over a short amount of time.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of things to consider here. Remember the rule that states a program that loses a certain% can move down. How much that is I do not remember. Also seeing how Lebanon and Wilson Central had a massive jump in student population which sent 2 schools down to 5-A that were thought to be in 6-A, you cannot for sure say Indy and Centennial will move up during a reclassification. The entire mid state is growing no matter which county might be growing the most. Take for instance Sumner Co, while most do not see it, Station Camp and that area is growing at a ridiculous rate. So is the area in Murfreesboro and Mt Juliet. It may not effect every school in the county but some get a lot of growth over a short amount of time.

I just meant Indy will be the third largest Wilco school next year and could slide into Ravenwoods spot. The are growing quickly. I didn't think about other mid state schools. I think Stewarts Creek is exploding too. And it appear that the TSSAA only contemplated two year cycles going forward. So there could be a lot of movement after next season. Ravenwood will no doubt move down whenever they re classify.

Ravenwood will remain 6A next year as schedules are done in two year cycles and next year is the second year of the cycle. The Raptors won't be affected too much as they get to keep all their juniors and seniors. What I'm wondering is if the TSSAA will keep to their four year reclassification system. If so then Ravenwood will be in trouble as it will take time to rebuild their population base. And as someone noted the growth is the Nolensville side so the Knights will be a large school in no time. The other part of this that will be interesting is that Independence and Centennial will be soon be two of the largest 32 HS in Tennessee. Indy next year for sure. If it's another's three years before reclassification then those two schools should continue to feast in 5A. Should being the key word.

I know Centennial was close to the top 32 with the last reclassification but the zone is basically land locked with little room for residential growth.  They are surrounded by Cool Springs and everything immediately east of I-65 is commercial development.  Apartments are included in some of that commercial growth but those residents are generally single or young married couples with no high school aged children.  Rezoning some Franklin and Ravenwood students to Centennial was necessary to get enrollment to where it is now and more of that is unlikely anytime soon.