Who Are the Best Teams in East TN?

etownsparky

Who are the best teams in East TN and why? I will provide my list when I have more time.

1A. South Greene

2a. Elizabethton

3a. Morristown west

South greene has ran throw everyone outside of Morristown west who has 3 times as many students

Elizabethton because they return almost their whole team and tough to stop with the twin sisters.

Morristown west because they have yet to lose to a tn team and have wins over Maryville and Daniel Boone both good teams in 3a in east tn this year

There's always room for debate, but I think at this point in the season the number one's are solid. My top five in each classification (Grand Division East) are: 

Class A

• South Greene
  • Meigs Co.
  • North Greene
  • Grace Christian
  • Hampton
Class AA
  • Elizabethton
  • McMinn Central
  • Greeneville
  • Gatlinburg-Pitman
  • Grainger Co.
Class AAA
  • Morristown West
  • Knox Bearden
  • Jefferson Co.
  • Knox Farragut
  • Bradley Central
Edited by etownsparky

<p>

There's always room for debate, but I think at this point in the season the number one's are solid. My top five in each classification (Grand Division East) are: 

Class A

• South Greene
  • Meigs Co.
  • North Greene
  • Grace Christian
  • Hampton
Class AA
  • Elizabethton
  • McMinn Central
  • Greeneville
  • Gatlinburg-Pitman
  • Grainger Co.
Class AAA
  • Morristown West
  • Knox Bearden
  • Jefferson Co.
  • Knox Farragut
  • Bradley Central

Could you explain why you have Jeff co as the #3? They got destroyed by morristown west by 40 pts and one of their best player is hurt?

Could you explain why you have Jeff co as the #3? They got destroyed by morristown west by 40 pts and one of their best player is hurt?

I was basing this assessment off of the summer as I felt MW, Bearden and JC were the best 3A teams in the East at that time. I haven't seen them play since and was unaware JC lost one of their top players. The MW score did look suspicious. This is why I started the thread though - to learn from those closer to different teams.

Although not ready yet for a top 5 ranking of East Tennessee AAA teams, Oak Ridge is playing some inspired basketball. Coach Green, wife of Oak Ridge's boys coach Aaron Green and former standout at Bradley Central and Vanderbilt has her young team improving every game. When I say young, I mean the best players are freshmen and sophomores.

Currently, the Lady Wildcats are 10 - 2 with two loses to a tough Farragut squad 39 - 52 and 31 - 32. They own wins over Grace Christian, CAK, Clinton, Knox. Central, Powell, Anderson County, Gibbs, Dobyns-Bennett, Science Hill and Sequoyah.

They are competing in the Lenior City Christmas Tournament Playing Lenior City. In the tournament a possible matchup with Uppermen or Stone Memorial await.

Keep an eye out for this team this year and several years to come.

<p>

Class A

• South Greene
  • Meigs Co.
  • North Greene
  • Grace Christian
  • Hampton
Class AA
  • Elizabethton
  • McMinn Central
  • Greeneville
  • Gatlinburg-Pitman
  • Grainger Co.
Class AAA
  • Morristown West
  • Knox Bearden
  • Jefferson Co.
  • Knox Farragut
  • Bradley Central

In 1A would definitely take out Hampton and replace them with Harriman, and maybe even replace North Greene with Midway, no particular order.

• Upvote 1