Who Are the Best Teams in East TN?

etownsparky

You can't talk about best teams in East TN without talking about Bradley, and you wouldn't be talking about Bradley without Howard who shouldn't be there.

Water under the bridge, better try to hang on to the ones you got. Already losing 1 8th grader, maybe 2 and who knows who else. The new TSSAA rules WILL affect all schools not just privates.

Okay...Enough of this Hamilton, McMinn and Bradley County schools/coaches stealing players from other schools on this thread. This is way off topic. If you want to discuss that topic further, then start another thread. Otherwise, stick to the subject at hand.

Well said and my two cents:

Betsy, Mo West, Bearden, Bradley Central, Hamilton Heights, McMinn Central are all excellent teams that are well coached. (in no particular order) I personally don't believe HH can be excluded from the conversation, but others are free to disagree. Holly Warlick was at the HH game last night. Hopefully some of these girls on these teams can help get the Lady Vols going again in the future.

As for your team, we may never see as talented of a set of sisters, even more impressive twins to make the impact that yours have the past 4 years. Good luck to you! I hope you and McMinn Central play for the gold ball.

The most impressive thing to me as how hardly any of the teams mentioned in this thread have posters fighting for their spot in the conversation. It's those not recognized that scream the loudest. The best teams, coaches and fans are comfortable in their own skin. Winners Win, Whiners Whine.

Following your advice, I will address the AAU and negativity toward the Chattanooga area in my next post. All are free to skip my next post as it does not stay on topic, but replies to those weighing in.

1. Murfreesboro girls are a different level. The balance and parity is like no where else. How players end up at certain schools is debatable, but rarely do you see anyone whining about it.They seem to beat each other up and have respect for each other at the same time. By the way, all of the best programs are public schools. Warriorfan is a great example of a family who is thankful for the opportunity gained through a strong school and strong AAU program. Congrats on your signing and good luck at the next level.

2. Lynn's talent speaks for itself. She is a Ms Basketball nominee.She enrolled as a 9th grader at Central and never transferred from anywhere. She has been in the McMinn Fire program and is another that has benefited from strong school/ strong AAU program. Good luck in your title run.

3. Howard is very special. No question. She moved to Bradley County from Hamilton county and entered Bradley Central as a freshman and never transferred. Plays in the TN Xtreme program. Yet another who has benefited from a strong school/ strong AAU program. Good luck to her as she will play at the highest level.

4. HH is a non member that has impacted the area as far as players moving schools to play there, but has zero impact on standings and tournament play. Boys and Girls that play at HH are given incredible exposure and work hard toward their goals of playing at the next level. If they are non members, there are no rules being broken. Period.

5. As WarriorFan mentioned the other privates in Chattanooga have not done as well this year. The talent (other than Clemmons at Baylor) is just not as strong as usual.

So we continue to have folk post years after these kids have physically moved, entered as 9th graders, been eligible for multiple years by state rules?

East Hamilton puzzles me the most. They have a new coach who was voted coach of the year, who came over a year after Howard left, who has strong ties to AAU, has done a great job and turned around a dead program and constantly complaining on here.? Martian Man is right, "water under the bridge."

Funniest to me is how classy Coach English and the boys program at EH has been. Few remember when Howard entered Bradley Central as 9th grader, Kenny Bunton transferred as an 11th grader to Walker Valley. Bunton is 6'6 was the leading scorer at EH and is a Div. I signee (Lipscomb) Mac Brower, EH's second leading scorer that year transferred to Ringold. 2 other good JV players transferred for a total of 4 players transferring after entering the 9th grade at EH. Coach English never complained, moved on and is doing a nice job with those that stayed at EH.

Summary: Calling out kids, coaches and programs that have worked within state rules is weak.

The best teams will always draw the best players and will be hated because of it. This is true in school ball and AAU ball.

All of those who complain on here have most likely been the beneficiary of players moving into your school as well. There is an old saying about the Pot calling the Kettle black and life is too short to hate on kids or parents who are simply trying to give their kids the best opportunity at success. Good luck to all.

• Upvote 1

1. Murfreesboro girls are a different level. The balance and parity is like no where else. How players end up at certain schools is debatable, but rarely do you see anyone whining about it.They seem to beat each other up and have respect for each other at the same time. By the way, all of the best programs are public schools. Warriorfan is a great example of a family who is thankful for the opportunity gained through a strong school and strong AAU program. Congrats on your signing and good luck at the next level.

2. Lynn's talent speaks for itself. She is a Ms Basketball nominee.She enrolled as a 9th grader at Central and never transferred from anywhere. She has been in the McMinn Fire program and is another that has benefited from strong school/ strong AAU program. Good luck in your title run.

3. Howard is very special. No question. She moved to Bradley County from Hamilton county and entered Bradley Central as a freshman and never transferred. Plays in the TN Xtreme program. Yet another who has benefited from a strong school/ strong AAU program. Good luck to her as she will play at the highest level.

4. HH is a non member that has impacted the area as far as players moving schools to play there, but has zero impact on standings and tournament play. Boys and Girls that play at HH are given incredible exposure and work hard toward their goals of playing at the next level. If they are non members, there are no rules being broken. Period.

5. As WarriorFan mentioned the other privates in Chattanooga have not done as well this year. The talent (other than Clemmons at Baylor) is just not as strong as usual.

So we continue to have folk post years after these kids have physically moved, entered as 9th graders, been eligible for multiple years by state rules?

East Hamilton puzzles me the most. They have a new coach who was voted coach of the year, who came over a year after Howard left, who has strong ties to AAU, has done a great job and turned around a dead program and constantly complaining on here.? Martian Man is right, "water under the bridge."

Funniest to me is how classy Coach English and the boys program at EH has been. Few remember when Howard entered Bradley Central as 9th grader, Kenny Bunton transferred as an 11th grader to Walker Valley. Bunton is 6'6 was the leading scorer at EH and is a Div. I signee (Lipscomb) Mac Brower, EH's second leading scorer that year transferred to Ringold. 2 other good JV players transferred for a total of 4 players transferring after entering the 9th grade at EH. Coach English never complained, moved on and is doing a nice job with those that stayed at EH.

Summary: Calling out kids, coaches and programs that have worked within state rules is weak.

The best teams will always draw the best players and will be hated because of it. This is true in school ball and AAU ball.

All of those who complain on here have most likely been the beneficiary of players moving into your school as well. There is an old saying about the Pot calling the Kettle black and life is too short to hate on kids or parents who are simply trying to give their kids the best opportunity at success. Good luck to all.

Awesome post! This is about the most sane and thought out post on girls basketball I have read in a long time. It is truthful. Sometimes the truth stings but at least you know where you stand. Thanks for speaking real.

I agree 100%.  As the coach of East Hamilton it is my job to coach the kids that are here and not worry about who does not want to be here.  Thanks for the insightful perspective.  

I agree with most of all you said especially Middle tn area in a class by themselves and I'm all for parents giving their children the best possible they can so long as it is in the rules. Were rules broken by coaches ? I doubt it. That's easy to go around all you need is an address. Fact is it happens. To me it hurts the purity of the public teams. Usually it's local kids who grow up wanting to play for this team or that team. But now school hopping is common. You can switch and sit for a year before being able to play varsity but can still play jv. My kids go where they are zoned and yes as 8th graders I was approached not by coaches but other parents from more than one school about where they would attend. I think it ridiculous. Really that's what you want ?To go get kids just cause you can't win with the kids who have grown up in your area? What's that teach? What's next paying kids to play highschool sports. When my kids are done I'm done.

I agree with most of all you said especially Middle tn area in a class by themselves and I'm all for parents giving their children the best possible they can so long as it is in the rules. Were rules broken by coaches ? I doubt it. That's easy to go around all you need is an address. Fact is it happens. To me it hurts the purity of the public teams. Usually it's local kids who grow up wanting to play for this team or that team. But now school hopping is common. You can switch and sit for a year before being able to play varsity but can still play jv. My kids go where they are zoned and yes as 8th graders I was approached not by coaches but other parents from more than one school about where they would attend. I think it ridiculous. Really that's what you want ?To go get kids just cause you can't win with the kids who have grown up in your area? What's that teach? What's next paying kids to play highschool sports. When my kids are done I'm done.

For a school to compete year end year out at a high level there has to have been some sort of recruiting done. Publics have groups come through but any given year there has to be a drop off. No public school has that kind of numbers to get to the state tournament every year. Regardless of the coach. Yes it would be a more even playing field if everyone went where they're zoned but it will never happen. Dynasties aren't built on coaching they are built on recruiting. Agree or Disagree that's just the way it is.

For a school to compete year end year out at a high level there has to have been some sort of recruiting done. Publics have groups come through but any given year there has to be a drop off. No public school has that kind of numbers to get to the state tournament every year. Regardless of the coach. Yes it would be a more even playing field if everyone went where they're zoned but it will never happen. Dynasties aren't built on coaching they are built on recruiting. Agree or Disagree that's just the way it is.

That's easily fixed, play where your zoned PERIOD!!!!!! I understand hardship cases but that should be on a need basis only. TSSAA should step up and police it.

That's easily fixed, play where your zoned PERIOD!!!!!! I understand hardship cases but that should be on a need basis only. TSSAA should step up and police it.

i know where she lives and where she went to middle school at! And it sure wasn't Mcminn central or any of there feeder schools!!! I personally think she made the right decision going to central. Better exposure, better team, and she gets to play with her aau teammates so I know a little something. So don't call out other schools for recruiting when it's done in your backyard.