Who Are the Best Teams in East TN?

etownsparky

Very impressed with Oak Ridge.  They had a great "scheme" against WB and they were patient with it, and it got them a lot of easy buckets.  Obviously coached well and anytime it seemed like WB girls might be getting a little momentum back, the Ellison girl stuck daggers in us!  What a shooting performance from that young lady.

I believe they will be a tough match up for Bearden.  IF I was going to give Bearden an advantage, it would be that their post players may present more problems for OR than WB's did.  The guard match up's ought to be fun to watch.

For you OR fans that have felt disrespected, just remember:  "You're still playing ball, most of "our" teams are not"!  Good luck to the Lady Wildcats.

Does WB always sub like they did yesterday? That was an interesting concept and kept WB's girls fresh for the most part!

No.5 South Greene vs. North Greene for the Regional Championship tomorrow night. A very young South Greene team looks to beat an all senior starting line up North Greene team for the fifth time this season. Who will come out with the win?

North Greene played them close in the District Championship. The lady Rebels did not look like themselves. They shot around 35% compared to their normal 50%+. IF, and I do emphasize IF, they play to their full capabilities, they will win for the 5th time. It may very well be a good one.

My biggest question is can both teams make it to state?

Does WB always sub like they did yesterday? That was an interesting concept and kept WB's girls fresh for the most part!

Yes, this is year two of the "chaos" concept.  When Coach Wright started doing it, I wasn't sold.  But after two really successful seasons, I'm on board.  You will see him "tweak" it every now and then, especially late in games when there are certain players he want's to make sure are on the floor.  I will say this, it is a PA Announcer's nightmare if you like to announce subs when they enter the game.  At WB, I finally just gave up on that idea!  :)

Excited about the future for WB.  We lost a good senior class, but overall our team is still very young.  Had a freshmen and several sophomores that were key contributors this year, along with a strong junior class.  Add to that, we will be getting some really talented freshmen in the program next year and it's exciting.

Of course, I noticed that OR had a lot of talented young players too.  That bodes well for Coach Green and her program, doesn't it?

Yes, this is year two of the "chaos" concept.  When Coach Wright started doing it, I wasn't sold.  But after two really successful seasons, I'm on board.  You will see him "tweak" it every now and then, especially late in games when there are certain players he want's to make sure are on the floor.  I will say this, it is a PA Announcer's nightmare if you like to announce subs when they enter the game.  At WB, I finally just gave up on that idea!   :)

Excited about the future for WB.  We lost a good senior class, but overall our team is still very young.  Had a freshmen and several sophomores that were key contributors this year, along with a strong junior class.  Add to that, we will be getting some really talented freshmen in the program next year and it's exciting.

Of course, I noticed that OR had a lot of talented young players too.  That bodes well for Coach Green and her program, doesn't it?

Sure does. And ole Coach Wright is a Wildcat Alumni himself, but I'm sure you knew that!

Yes, this is year two of the "chaos" concept.  When Coach Wright started doing it, I wasn't sold.  But after two really successful seasons, I'm on board.  You will see him "tweak" it every now and then, especially late in games when there are certain players he want's to make sure are on the floor.  I will say this, it is a PA Announcer's nightmare if you like to announce subs when they enter the game.  At WB, I finally just gave up on that idea!   :)

That it does...could end up in some nice battles down the road between OR/WB as well.