Turchetta out at Spring Hill

rocketsrule

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's been the problem with this program? I do not live in the area, but I know Spring Hill is a nice rich town. I would think they would have the talent and resources.

Nice yes but definitely not rich. In fact no where near. Facilities are not very good. There was quite a bit of money spent buying some weights but for some reason that money went towards machines etc. instead of free weights. I believe but do not know for sure that the other sports (basketball mainly) wanted the machines and Coach T got over ruled. Even if they did buy free weights the space to lift is terribly small. It is definitely a basketball school and that will be difficult to change. Yes their are athletes but changing the mindset of the parents, admin, Central office and the players will be a huge challenge for who ever gets the job. Many and I do mean many battles have to be fought and then refought year after year. Field is terrible and of course band getting a portion of the gate is an issue. All this and I didn't even mention the low pay. Great place to live and some really good people but there are many challenges. As much as I give Giles and Marshall a hard time they do seem to have administration s that leave football alone and support their coaches. Edited by BooWhoWiseMan

"Citing personal reasons, Tom Turchetta has resigned as coach of the Spring Hill Raiders..." D1 kids but spring hill problem has been linemen

I guess having multiple Division 1 prospects on your team and only managing 3 wins would be a personal problem for almost any coach.

Who applies for this job? Kriesky seems to have sent his resume to every school in the state with an opening, so I guess he'll be a candidate here too. Any local coaches who might throw their hat in the ring?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I was just wondering. Perhaps I was wrong thinking it was a town like Franklin. 

This is not going to come across well but the northern part of Spring Hill that's sits in Williamson County is more like Franklin than the southern part of the city that sits in Maury County and where SHHS is located. Probably 70% of the Spring Hill population is in Wilco but 70% of the land is in Maury Co. All of Summit and half of Indy are Spring Hill kids.

the high demand is really telling lmao

I just said that I wasn't aware of any. That doesn't mean there have or haven't been any candidates. I know several have interviewed I just don't know them personally. And you are "lmao" why because you have had 5 coaches in 7 years? Or maybe you are just too stupid to realize what you are laughing about. You know what maybe just maybe we should do like you suggested on another thread and hire our OC and DC and then hire the head coach to do the rest.