5A Region 5 Football ..... Gets Started

TGUN

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard Stone is out at the HC of Columbia Central. 

Do you know what there numbers "might" look like.... based on last years roster it seems that they lost a lot of seniors with minimal Jrs and Soph coming up.... which hopefully is not the case.....

The quarterback he is speaking of also played baseball and has a dad that works at FC.  Must really be bad if you don't want your kid playing where you work.  Still like the decision to change to this coach JE?

Yes because FC needed a change, but I am convinced that no matter who they would have hired would not be allowed to do what needs to be done to make FC rise to the top. The administration ( principal, AD) at FC does not support any of the athletics at FC all they want to do is dictate what everyone does and if anyone disagrees with them then they get rid of them any way possible. until the administration are replaced or have a change of heart FC will sink farther. Its not only effecting athletics it is effecting the school in its entirety.

Edited by jemarshall32

only coach mac could turn this around, this is his home and he would come back, his record proves what he can do. their is more talent out their now since the 90s and it is getting wasted by lazy people. we have hired every tom dick and harry and look where we are fighting for last place and playing 1a teams this spring.ask the people in moore co or marion if he can coach and bring excitment to there community.his record is proven and he would come back

You are right Mac would have been the best for the head football coach job but the administration cringed at the fact that anyone would even bring up his name. The administration don't want someone that would do what it takes to win they want someone that they feel they can force to do what they want them to do. Coach Smith is a great guy and cares a great deal about all the kids at FC in my opinion, heck he is head coaching the soccer team because if soccer didn't have a coach then they would have had no soccer team. now he cant just focus on football he has to juggle both with a understaffed football program. so in my opinion I believe the administration is at fault and have been for years. 

If you read any of our threads you have seen that fc openly asked anyone for a scrimmage for the fall of this year. We chose from the people that responded and lined up teams that fit our dates.  In the spring FC will scrimmage coffee county and Cookville both at Winchester.  In the fall we will scrimmage Walker valley and Rhea County and our jv will scrimmage fayetville city high school so our younger players can get some good experience.

We currently have 75+ players, sophomore through senior working out now.  That does not count almost 20 of our spring athletes in soccer, track and baseball.  We have an outstanding class of 8th graders coming up to play freshmen ball next year.

I understand the criticism of the head coach but the kids are working very hard.  We have 4 kids benching more than 300 pounds and one at 350.  44 more deadlifting more than 300 pounds and 7 that are 400+.  We have 2 squatting over 500, 6 over 400 + and 25 over 300.  Obviously weights does not mean you are good in football but they are trying to get better.

You are welcome to visit this dumpster fire anytime you want. we are there everyday from 1:30 until 3 and Mon, wed and Fridays from 3 to 4 and view our clean facilities that our kids take great pride in looking sharp and clean.

I just want to say that in my posts I mean no criticism to Coach Smith I support what he is doing at FC 100%. I just have a great deal of concern if any of the Athletic programs at FC get the support from the administration that they need. From what I hear the administration does not. Thanks coach Smith for the info on the players sounds like the kids are working very hard in the weight room. Go Rebels!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...