CRB leaving CAK

QSouth89

I take the blame for the grace game. Reece Duncan (R.I.P) missed an extra point just before so when they scored I put my hands up for two and Rusty went with it. That Alcoa goaline play I'll never forget either. Alcoa brings in a DT and FB behind him then the TB. Everyone knew who was getting the ball and for once Cak stuffed it. Cak was also very lucky that year against Betsy as Charlie High could have had plenty maybe three picks that day they dropped. If Cak had any kind of defense they would have easily taken those two years. It also helped they got Maryville's fifth string running back Corey Rathbones who turned out to be a really good player. I think he's still at Tenn Tech. I'm not sure what the offense will hold, but I hope the defense will be much stronger. With hat being said they might drop down a little and peak right at playoff time like two years ago?

Thanks for falling on your sword taking the blame for the Grace loss, Slinger, but I have to say that loss to Grace was a team loss...too many mistakes on O, D and special teams.  Not taking away from Grace as it had several really good players that year and they made the plays when it counted.  

You're absolutely right about Betsy in 2012--they were VERY good that year and in my opinion would have beaten Milan for state if they got past the Warriors in the semis.  My son told me they had the prettiest opponent he's ever played against (Betsy's placekicker that year was an all-state girl's soccer player).

Corey R was an excellent player on both sides of the ball.

As for this year's Warriors, IF they stay reasonably healthy (2015 was a horrible year injury-wise, worse than almost all other CAK recent seasons combined, so surely 2016 will be better luck), I'm predicting around 8-2 and possibly 9-1 for this year.  Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but we'll see.

Go Warriors!

I take the blame for the grace game. Reece Duncan (R.I.P) missed an extra point just before so when they scored I put my hands up for two and Rusty went with it. That Alcoa goaline play I'll never forget either. Alcoa brings in a DT and FB behind him then the TB. Everyone knew who was getting the ball and for once Cak stuffed it. Cak was also very lucky that year against Betsy as Charlie High could have had plenty maybe three picks that day they dropped. If Cak had any kind of defense they would have easily taken those two years. It also helped they got Maryville's fifth string running back Corey Rathbones who turned out to be a really good player. I think he's still at Tenn Tech. I'm not sure what the offense will hold, but I hope the defense will be much stronger. With hat being said they might drop down a little and peak right at playoff time like two years ago?