Freshman / Sophomore National Team

salterjd

TN AAU will be sending a Freshman / Sophomore Team to Iowa to compete in the National Duals. Last year’s team, under the direction of Jeff Roberts and Ben Smith, weltered their way into the Finals against Iowa and had everyone talking about how far Tennessee wrestling has come. We want to continue to build on the success that team had.

This year we have added a new element to the team selection process. If you have a wrestler (Freshman / Sophomore ONLY) who wants to be on this team, please read this in its entirety.

Team cost: $250 (estimate based on last year). Includes singlet, apparel package, bus, (wrestler also responsible for food and AAU card)

Hotel Cost: Range $40-$120 based on choice (4 to a room, 2, to a room, or single room)

Event Dates:  Depart TN March 24th. Weigh-in on 25th. Compete 26th and 27th. Return to TN on 28th

Weight Classes:  98, 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152, 160, 170, 182, 195, 220, HWT. (2lb. NFHS Growth Allowance)

Selection Process (very important must read):

This year there will be an East/West Dual to select the team.  

Date: Feb 28th

Weigh-in:9AM

East Team Coached by Ben Smith

West Team Coached by John Kramer

Weights: Same weights listed above. There will be 5lb allowance. You will be expected to make scratch plus 2lb in Iowa. Example 106 can weigh 111 for the East/West Dual, but must be able to make 108 in Iowa (Iowa is a single day weigh-in).

East / West Team Selection Process:

- You must contact the coach of your region team NLT than the final day of the TSSAA region tournaments to express interest.

- East Team will be made up of wrestlers from the Chattanooga / Knoxville AAU regions

- West Team will be made of wrestlers from the Middle  /West Tennessee AAU regions. If you’re unsure of our region just ask the coach!

- Highest place at TSSAA state tournament in desired weight will be selected from their region

- In case where a team has two wrestlers from different division (AAA and DII). Coach will see if there is an existing head to head. If no head to head, a wrestle off will be scheduled

- Coaches do have selection preference as well. They will have one week to put this team together after state, so please know things will move fast.

Direct any questions to the region team coach:

East: bmsmith@bradleyschools.org

West: Kramerj@wcschools.com

• 3 weeks later...

East TN Coaches, 

If you have any Freshman or Sophomores that placed in your respective state tournaments this past weekend that are interested in a spot on the TNAAU East Dual team competing this upcoming weekend at Independence High School, I need to know ASAP please. 

The East Dual team is composed of AAA Regions 1-4, A/AA (Duals) Regions 1-5, and the Knoxville/Chattanooga area teams of the DII East/Middle Region. 

The selection process for the East/West Dual set by the TNAAU is as follows: 

-          You must contact the coach of your team NLT than the final day of the TSSAA region tournaments.

-          East Team will be made up of induvial from the Chattanooga / Knoxville AAU regions

-          West Team will be made of wrestlers from the Middle  /West Tennessee AAU regions. If you’re unsure just ask the coach!

-          Highest place winner at TSSAA state tournament in desired weight will be selected

-          In case where team has two wrestlers from  different division (AAA and DII). Coach will see if there is an existing head to head. If no head to head a wrestle off will be scheduled

-          Coaches do have selection preference as well. They will have one week to put this team together after state, so please know things will move fast.

If you have any wrestler interested in a spot on the East Dual team please let me know NO LATER than 12:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday, February 24. 

If interested, please contact me via email at bmsmith@bradleyschools.org ASAP please. 

Thank you all in advance, 

Ben Smith

Bradley Central Wrestling 

West TN Coaches, 

If you have any Freshman or Sophomores that placed in your respective state tournaments this past weekend that are interested in a spot on the TNAAU West Dual team competing this upcoming weekend at Independence High School, I need to know ASAP please. 

TheWest Dual team is composed of AAA Regions 5-8, A/AA (Duals) Middle Tn and Memphis area teams of the DII West/Middle Region. 

The selection process for the East/West Dual set by the TNAAU is as follows: 

-          You must contact the coach of your team NLT than the final day of the TSSAA region tournaments.

-          East Team will be made up of induvial from the Chattanooga / Knoxville AAU regions

-          West Team will be made of wrestlers from the Middle  /West Tennessee AAU regions. If you’re unsure just ask the coach!

-          Highest place winner at TSSAA state tournament in desired weight will be selected

-          In case where team has two wrestlers from  different division (AAA and DII). Coach will see if there is an existing head to head. If no head to head a wrestle off will be scheduled

-          Coaches do have selection preference as well. They will have one week to put this team together after state, so please know things will move fast.

If you have any wrestler interested in a spot on the East Dual team please let me know NO LATER than 12:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday, February 24. 

If interested, please contact me via email kramerj@wcschools.com ASAP please. or text me at 810-599-3575

John kramer

Edited by CoachKramer

Freshman-Sophmore duals have been moved :

DATE: SUNDAY MARCH 6TH
TIME TBA (AFTERNOON)

Contact for more info
 Coach Ben Smith (east) cosmiff133@gmail.com
 Coach John Kramer (west) kramerj@wcschools.com

Don Barnett

Treasurer
SEAAU

EAST TN COACHES...If you have any wrestler interested in a spot on the East Dual team please let me know NO LATER than 7:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday, February 28. 

If interested, please contact me via email bmsmith@bradleyschools.org ASAP please or text me at 423-650-2662. 

Ben Smith

113 lber needed for the East TNAAU Freshman/Sophomore dual team. 

The East/West dual will be next Sunday, March 6 at Wilson Central High School. The winner of each individual weight class will be on the TNAAU Freshman/Sophomore National team competing in Des Moines, Iowa at the end of the March. 

Email me at bmsmith@bradleyschools.org if interested. 

Ben Smith

Bradley Wrestling

HEAVYWEIGHT needed for the East TNAAU Freshman/Sophomore dual team. 

The East/West dual will be this Sunday, March 6 at Wilson Central High School. The winner of each individual weight class will be on the TNAAU Freshman/Sophomore National team competing in Des Moines, Iowa at the end of the March. 

Email me at bmsmith@bradleyschools.org and Lee Varnell at leevarnell.lv@gmail.com if interested. 

Ben Smith

Bradley Wrestling

170 lber needed for the WEST TNAAU Freshman/Sophomore dual team. 

The East/West dual will be this Sunday, March 6 at Wilson Central High School. The winner of each individual weight class will be on the TNAAU Freshman/Sophomore National team competing in Des Moines, Iowa at the end of the March. 

Contact Coach John Kramer   kramerj@wcschools.com

• 2 weeks later...