Only game around today. JCS at USJ 3pm

RealisticFan45

Both are good players, but I have to disagree. The two games I have seen it has been Craig's all around play that puts USJ over the edge. His IQ for the game seems very high and he does all the intangibles. Hughes looked better tonight against JCS than he did when I saw him against Obion Co. He just doesn't seem tough enough or do enough for me as a D1 signee. Dont get me wrong he can play, no doubt. Hes as athletic as they come and I have seen his AAU highlights. Again all this is my opinion. Hope i don't get ridiculed again

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion and I agree with you about Craig.  He is solid.  In review, you got ridiculed because you titled threads with Girls and boys names then proceeded to say how overrated they were.  That is slightly over the top since they read these boards on occasion.  

Hughes is the best player for USC.....Craig is a stud athlete and really good player but far from being as advanced as Hughes. Craig has a ways to go in terms of being where Hughes is now..........he may get there tho. Only time will tell.

Why do you think Clayton Hughes is the best player for USJ? Just because he has a few offers, and can dunk? I've seen him play twice (both against TCA) and I don't think he is that good. Has trouble shooting the basketball. Yes he may get 17-20 points a game, but he usually dunks about twice a game and make around 6-8 free throws. So that hurts your actual scoring. He's a great player don't get me wrong, I just don't think he "wows" me... What helps his stock is that you can tell he has potential.

• Upvote 1

Why do you think Clayton Hughes is the best player for USJ? Just because he has a few offers, and can dunk? I've seen him play twice (both against TCA) and I don't think he is that good. Has trouble shooting the basketball. Yes he may get 17-20 points a game, but he usually dunks about twice a game and make around 6-8 free throws. So that hurts your actual scoring. He's a great player don't get me wrong, I just don't think he "wows" me... What helps his stock is that you can tell he has potential.[/quote

It's a kid at Dresden the exact type of player but has a better shooting game

What kind of job is Simmons doing at USJ? I knew the guy in Florida.

He is doing s great job coaching and building the program. He pays attention to the program from k-12. He has the young kids running that same 1-2-2 trapping defense so they will be ready in HS. It's a pretty nasty defense! I know it's hard for some of you to believe I'm giving USJ a compliment like that but credit should be given where credit is due. He is very energetic as well on the sidelines and coaches hard! I will say that it was sweet for my son to close out his career with a 10 point victory over USJ a couple of weeks ago. It was a heck of a game. USJ should go deep in D2 playoffs.

• Upvote 1

What kind of job is Simmons doing at USJ? I knew the guy in Florida.

Rade,

He is doing an outstanding job of building a program.  He is in a great place in D2 small school to make deep runs each and every year.  I don't think USJ is his final destination, but I look for them to compete for district and state championships while he is there.