CENTRAL FOOTBALL COACHLESS AGAIN!

bigbaddude

I had a coach tell me two things that I believe are true and true to the problem at Central....

1. "You can't win the Kentucky Derby racing a bunch of Jackasses."

2. "If my Johnny and Joe's are better than your X's and O's...I will beat you"

This Goes back to the Hardships I mentioned earlier...all the stud football players some how, miraculously finds a way to go to another school...hummm THANKS HCDE. Your left with kids that are not tried and true football players but have SOME athletic ability and LITTLE football knowledge and NO HEART for the game...This has been the problem at central for years....along with every kid believes they will be a NBA Draft pick...

Sonofablitz...do you coach somewhere now? Why do you want Central if you do?

Yes, I am a head coach now. I've been coaching either collegiately or in high school in Alabama for more than a decade. My family is in Chattanooga, I'm from Chattanooga. I played against Central in a bunch of sports coming up in the mid 90s. We always beat them but they were always athletic. I want the job because I don't think it would take anything more than hard work and some know-how and you could get right in the mix. Geographically, and talent wise central reminds me of the way Red Bank used to be

. I know most coaches don't get on here and talk to people...but..I'm not them. I think it's good to know what community people think about their football team.

Edited by sonofablitz37

I had a coach tell me two things that I believe are true and true to the problem at Central....

1. "You can't win the Kentucky Derby racing a bunch of Jackasses."

2. "If my Johnny and Joe's are better than your X's and O's...I will beat you"

This Goes back to the Hardships I mentioned earlier...all the stud football players some how, miraculously finds a way to go to another school...hummm THANKS HCDE. Your left with kids that are not tried and true football players but have SOME athletic ability and LITTLE football knowledge and NO HEART for the game...This has been the problem at central for years....along with every kid believes they will be a NBA Draft pick...

You have to establish an identity that kids can buy into. The above statement is true if you run the weight room like everybody you play, if you are in the same offense and defense as those better athletes..then yes you get kicked in the teeth. Navy has an identity and its their own. Nobody else does it so nobody else can get their scout team to do it. Not one single player on their team got a division 1 offer from another school. Yet they win a bowl game every year. I'm not saying Central should run the flexbone, but try to perfect something all their own.

Whatever you do its important to build a program not a team. The middle school coaches should have access to varsity coaches meetings and be given whatever they ask for. The head coach of any varsity football team needs to be going to Saturday kids games in the community instead of watching TV. It's hard work to do it right

That's funny you say that.... because our middle school coach got everything he asked for.... including the high school head coaching job after filing 2 lawsuits claiming race was the reason he was passed up on the last 4 times the job was open...chances are he will probably end up taking back over the middle school job again...so good luck with that philosophy about the middle school coach