Tab Vowell Resigns at Jackson North Side

TennesseeVol...are there any coaches that have Jackson North Side ties that might be a good fit? Jacobs at Peabody coached there. Carey Craig played there. Perhaps Hardegree might be worth calling?

If somehow Jacobs comes back to North Side to be the head coach, I will send you and 3 others to Bora Bora for a week. I don't believe he will come back. His wife is the girls basketball coach at Bradford High. I think he is pretty content at Peabody. Plus this might sound weird but Trenton is a sexy place to live now, and that probably has to do with Peabody football. 

Carey Craig, don't know much information about him.

Hardegree could but would he want to leave USJ to head to North Side? He could, but probably not. It's a different environment. And USJ has a better chance to win state than North Side. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see this thread is finally getting some traffic. I have heard from several reliable sources that Robert Gillard is the front runner for the head coaching position.

I have heard that as well. Also heard that him and Principal Bridgeman were frat brothers while they were both in college. If that is not a "buddy buddy" hire then do you mind telling what is? Being sarcastic by the way...

I'm not familiar with Gillard. However, hiring from within seems reasonable. North Side has won a lot of games. One would think there are some quality assistants there. Vowell is a well respected, established coach. I would think whoever is hired will have big shoes to fill.

Gillard has only finished one season at North Side. He was at Memphis Ridgeway before he came to Jackson last summer. Not trying to sound like a smart a** because I know you have really no ties to North Side football. I do get what you are saying, but I would rather have Coach McCauley as a head coach over Gillard.

From the games I saw and what I am being told is McCauley is not ready for the job. He needs to find him a baseball job some where.

I agree. I don't think he is ready for it because I can see a few locker room issues coming up. Not saying that will guarantee happen, I don't believe he will have the locker room and players under control control. He could've gotten the baseball job, but somehow Coach Clark (who is at Madison coaching baseball) wanted Coach Maxwell to get the job and Maxwell got it. I just don't want North Side to hire Gillard without looking to go outside and find somebody that potentially could do better than Gillard. But I don't know how good Gillard is as a coach, I'll have to wait and see.

Edited by TennesseeVol