9AAA Baseball 2016

FightinIllini

We (Portland) took it on the chin tonight. Station Camp won 12-2. SC's starting pitcher Lucas Gross, gave up 2 in the first, after that he settled down and threw great. Glad to see him getting things turned around and proud of him for signing with WKU. He was a teammate of my son a couple of years ago. Great breaking ball. SC's Blake Gay came in for relief and closed the door on us. Solid kid. He has an offer from Cumberland and I hope to see him there. We flat out just made too many errors. Injuries have decimated our normal solid defense, and we gave up 6 errors last night. We had mostly Freshman and Sophomores in the game last night. They got invaluable experience, and should respond from it......not often you have 5 players on the same field that have signed or committed some where. 

We had:

SC-Lucas Gross-WKU

SC-AJ Weed-Lincoln Memorial

SC-Blake Gay-Cumberland University

P-Kemper Dixon-Cumberland University

P-Nick Lingo-Cumberland University

Hate to see SC had their starting catcher hurt as well. 

We knew it was going to be a weird night, how many times do you have two starting pitchers, starting the game,  with red hair? :rolleyes:  

• 2 weeks later...

Hville gets a nice win tonight 5-0 over MJ as Wacaser throws a complete game 6 hit shutout. Coker had RBI singles in the 3rd and 5th, Fuller added an RBI single in the 6th and 2 more runs scored on a throwing error in the 6th. MJ pitcher Smith was very impressive only giving up 3 hits. I know Gallatin beat SC 7-3 and WC beat Beech 4-3. District is wide open and any one of 4 or 5 teams could win it.