New Coach for McNairy Central

concernedbobcat

McNairy. I know you have known Lott for many many yrs but you have to take idol lust from your eyes and look with an unbiased eye. If you do that then you will see Lott is past retirement. Bobcat83 is right. Only a sister of those talented young ladies have respect for him anymore. They just will not play for him. And I hope the AD sees that and makes a change. Just like most of the young men can't stand Brown. If you don't respect a coach then they will not play for him. Hands Down.

concerned Bobcat. I like winning. I did not enjoy this year. If you had two teams with similar talent, Coach Lott's team would win most every time. Who said I was against change? No reason to change when you have a good coach.

Players always talk about quitting at the end of a season. I can assure you MCHS will have a team next season and most everyone on the team will be back playing for the Lady Bobcats.

If the players stay, they will learn a life lesson about never giving up and having success as a team.

Bobcats83, do you coach?  Do you know how hard it is to coach teenage girls?  Discipline is the reason one of the players transferred to another school. Coach Lott is not going to throw his players under the bus and criticize them. If you think he has not won any big games in his time as coach, you have not been showing up until the boys play. When he does retire, you and the other critics will realize how good he was as coach. There is a reason his name is on the floor.

Wasn't discipline that sent Coleman north. Coaching teenagers period is difficult, especially girls. Hasn't and can't win the big ones. Name on court because of the # of wins, bad teams and longevity biggest reason for that. Even teams I'll take the other guy. Lost last 2 sub state games, one at home. Yeah he got there but typically this district isn't as strong as the boys side.

I don't want Lott fired, he needs to see on his own that his time has come. There will be girls who won't play and it is their loss but it will hurt the team.

The girl left the floor when she refused to run for punishment after a summer league game. The rest of her teammates did their running for mistakes by the player that did not run. Good riddance. Do I think she had already made contact with Transfer High?  Yes.

No coach in West Tennessee has won more games than Lott in boys or girls. He has beaten good teams, bad teams, and mediocre teams. He is not going to retire after this season.

IMO, as I always say, I think you're looking at it from the wrong perspective. Yes, hes a great coach and his resume and record shows that he was and may very well still be but at some point you have to know the game has passed him. Your have to change with the times. Name on the floor and all that is all good for what he has already done, what about what he's doing now. Again, unless there is a discipline issue, you have to have your best athletes on the floor in the best situation to win and IMO he hasn't done that the last couple seasons from the games that I have seen. 

Think about it. He has been the head coach for 40 years. Do you not think he knows who the best players are on the team?  Do you not think he wants to win?  There were people writing a few years ago the game had passed by Coach K. How is that looking now after he won the NCAA Tournament last year?  You are entitled to your opinion and no one will deny that. Would a 65-year-old coach spend that much time coaching and not try to win? 

I don't believe anyone wants to win more than Lott. However, he is going to play people who shouldn't be playing. He has lost the ability to communicate with his players and to motivate. It's time for him to retire, period. If he doesn't, he is hurting the school and any girl that wants to play

Guess you think Peyton Manning shouldn't retire either

Peyton is a player and not a coach. I do hope Peyton retires as a player. But what does Peyton have to do with McNairy Central?  You are reaching.

Let's admit the truth. Everyone knew this was going to be a down year. The team will be better next year because of the experience gained this season.

MCHS will contend for the district title next year. If the team can improve their outside shooting, it could be a very good season.

I'm smart enough to know that he knows more than me about coaching. Will you admit the same? I think his granddaughter is mainly the third or fourth player off the bench. I disagree with his choices at times, but it is easy to coach from the stands. He practices with the team twice a day when they do not have games. I'm not there in the gym with him in the summer when they are working in 90 degree heat.

Here's what you need to admit too. He's not the same coach. Discipline not close to what it used to be. Players don't respect him he can't motivate them.

I've had 2 relatives play during different eras and he has lost what he once had. He may know more basketball then me but me and the majority can see it's time for new blood and enthusiasm