EHS Girls Basketball placed on TSSAA probation

dawgpound69

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if the TSSAA is ready to hand out punishment, I would say they have already done an investigation and made a judgement. Because let's be honest, aside from fighting, the TSSAA doesn't really come down heavy handed or hastily with ANY form of punishment.

I say put them on probation (as in no punishment at all, but if they get caught again, they bring the hammer down in them) suspend the coach who was found to have done the actual contacting (whoever it is) a few games, and then just move on. Cause let's be honest, this happens everywhere, Elizabethton just happened to have gotten caught.

The biggest real punishment here is now everyone will be in doubt and questioning everything this team accomplishes, which is really disappointing for a good group of girls.

Recruiting is wrong but you say no punishment....lol

Pansy answer but it would be worse if your opponent ......no punishment....lol

My opponent? I am no Elizabethton supporter. Quite the opposite as a matter of fact. But good try you moron.

Also, if you think a coach texting a kid from another school is anything REMOTELY similar or as bad as blatently throwing a game in the state play-offs, you are so far past being a moron that I pissed off other all the morons of the world by calling you a moron. But I wouldn't expect anything less out of you after the amount of loony, harebrained garbage coming out of you last year.

My opponent? I am no Elizabethton supporter. Quite the opposite as a matter of fact. But good try you moron.

Also, if you think a coach texting a kid from another school is anything REMOTELY similar or as bad as blatently throwing a game in the state play-offs, you are so far past being a moron that I pissed off other all the morons of the world by calling you a moron. But I wouldn't expect anything less out of you after the amount of loony, harebrained garbage coming out of you last year.

Sad situation, to tarnish a perfect year with this allegation is just a bad deal. Great team, remember the KIDS are not at fault here. Its selfish parents and coaches. Lets remember these are teenage children. Most kids dont choose where the go to school the parents do. So if you need to name names let it be the parents and coaches. Lets be adults, i know if it was any kid i knew it would infuriate me to see someone putting her name out there. CRAZZY, you are absolutely correct, a completely different situation. I am not condoning it in any way just saying completely different.

What rule did Elizabethton HS violate?

According to the TSSAA release of information: An eighth-grade middle school player from a different system was allowed to join the Lady Cyclones’ freshman team for a practice. Any high school coach in Tennessee who has been around the block one time knows you can’t bring kids from other schools into your practice under any circumstance. It’s cut and dried.

Sanctions against Elizabethton’s girls basketball program for the violation of Article II, Section 17 of the TSSAA Bylaws:1. Placed on two years probation from Feb. 19, 2016 to Feb. 19, 2018.

2. Fine of $1,000.00

3. Spring practice reduced to three days for first year of probation.

4. Practice days in summer reduced to 15 with no team-versus-team competition during the first year of probation.

5. Only one preseason scrimmage will be allowed during first year of probation.

6. No Hall of Champions games allowed during first year of probation.

7. All communication or information to elementary or junior high students must come from Elizabethton’s administration, explaining the total education program. It must contain a variety of topics to students of all interests during the first year of probation.

8. The student-athlete who was the subject of the violation shall be ineligible to participate in basketball at Elizabethton for one year should she decide to attend. The ineligibility will extend to all levels.

9. During the period of probation, the Elizabethton girls program may continue to participate in regular and postseason contests. If there are any other violations TSSAA will be forced to consider further disciplinary action.

Edited by lawnman

This Betsy fan is hiding from no one because I love these kids and they have worked there tails off and can't help what a coach or coaches have done that has put them on probation.I don't know what happened and until I do I am not going to blame any certain coach or coaches.I don't hide or back down to no one and don't go run my mouth till I know the whole citation.

Maybe you should hide. I guess cheating is nothing to hide for but of course Betsy fans will swear to no wrong doing. Coach deserves to be removed for remainder of year and team should get exactly what Riverdale got. And that is to forfeit the remainder of the season. You guys have on blinders if you think Dugger is correct in his actions but I guess this isn't his first act of cheating.

There was obviously some wrong doing or there would be no probation and me or these young Ladies have nothing to hide about.I am merely a fan and support these girls no matter what and I have no control over what the coaches do.They done something wrong and got caught and for you to suggest I will hide behind any of these coaches is just plain stupid and you have no idea you I am or what my thoughts are so please quit saying things you know nothing about.

TSSAA should ban the coaches from coaching the rest of this season, they know the rules, all coaches know the rules of the game.  Agree with not punishing the players but the coaches involved and any other person involved should be suspended also during this time. TSSAA should teach life lessons also for all involved.

I don't agree...a coaching ban does punish the players. A financial form of punishment from the coach and the school would suit the "crime". If there are any players currently on the team that TSSAA can show proof were recruited away from another school, sanctions might be a better fit, but I doubt that they can...fining the coach 50% of his supplement wouldn't punish the team (who did no wrong), but would target the actual problem. Also fining the school would ensure that there would be more focus on abiding by the rules in the future.