The new Siegel High in Murfreesboro

Guest region4fan

Guest region4fan

I was wondering if anyone had any information or speculation on who the football coach will be for Siegel High School.( in Murfreesboro) We already know that Oakland's principl, Ken Nolan got the principal position. It was announced yesterday. I am hearing that Britton from Riverdale and Watson from Blackman are throwing their names in. Anyone else know anything?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by region4fan:

I was wondering if anyone had any information or speculation on who the football coach will be for Siegel High School.( in Murfreesboro) We already know that Oakland's principl, Ken Nolan got the principal position. It was announced yesterday. I am hearing that Britton from Riverdale and Watson from Blackman are throwing their names in. Anyone else know anything?

Wow...I didn`t know Murfreesboro was getting a new high school. How big (# studentd)will Siegal be? Does that give the boro 4 high schools?

Guest region4fan

Siegel is projected to be a 5 A achool. It is already scheduled in the region 4 line-up for next year. It will hurt Oakland the most as it will pull about 7-800 kids from there.Yes, it makes 4 5A schools in Murfreesboro now. Along with Smyrna and Lavergne, we have enough right in Rutherford County for our own region!

There are rumors that several Oakland coaches will follow their principal to Siegel.

Two factors may influence what happens at siegel. One is Mr. Watson's resignation as Superintendent of Rutherford County schools, effective Dec. 1. Another factor is the issue of the football field. The school board voted to approve $1.5 million in funds for a 5,000 seat stadium, and the county commissioners voted to revoke the funds. Local residents are complaining about the proposed location of the football field.

Watson resigned the day after the commissioners voted to withhold the funds, but the county school board's spokesman said Watson's resignation was unrelated to the commissioners vote.

Siegel will give Rutherford County a total of five (5) 5A schools and one (1) 1A school.

My bad...there will be six (6) 5A football teams and one (1) 1A team.

Siegel will be good, especially if they get the right coach.

As was the case with Blackman, the school districts will be re-designed to include Siegel. The domino effect will affect Riverdale and Oakland. Based on what I have heard, Oakland might get some players that would have been going to Riverdale.

Riverdale won't be hurt in the short-term, and since no one dropped in talent when Blackman was added, it is reasonable to assume all six (5A) teams will be good.

Guest region4fan

Stan Trott...just to add a little tidbit. Mr. Hulan Watson is rumored to be taking a huge step up with his resignation. We heard at the game last night that he will be working for the state/ new governor!!! So it had nothing to do with the stadium rfunds revoked.

Now that I have supplied this to you...what Oakland coaches are the rumors about???/ Please!!!!!!!!