Blackman- Riverdale (rematch)

Guest JESUSISLIFE2

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man, screw all you guys... talking crap about both teams is rediculas. IT'S A FOOTBALL GAME. last time i checked the world will keep rotating on its axis regardless which team wins by what score. No team should make excuses, if they do - they should be drug out in the street and shot. Yes, last year in the playoffs vs. riverdale, blackman did lose ralph and johnny t. and a little of maupin to injuries during the game, so what? Riverdale saw that we lost key players and kept stuffing it. Blackman just lost the lead, and then lost the game. GET OVER IT. This year will be very interesting without justin, although Justin Amburgey wasn't the whole team, he just joined our team this year... Prince can throw the ball, and he can hand the ball off... besides a short run - what more do you really have to have? Prince can get the job done.

Someone asked a while back on this post where the blaze got their name... well last time i checked the school board gave it to them. and why should that matter what they're called? They could win with that name or something a lot "cooler."

I don't think anyone from blackman has whined over the fact that rico didn't play during the franklin or riverdale game. They lost those games on both sides of the ball, and in each individual position. Rico is good. He can cut better than ralph(king and stembridge) ever could. King was good because his o-line was good and he was big and fast. stembridge was good because he could find the holes and run straight up the middle. Turner is good because he can move 5 times by the time they defense can figure out which way he just blew past them. But rico isn't invincible as a lot of people think he is. He's been stuffed quite often because the line failed. But after being out 4 games, he is still the number 3 back in the region. the only thing keeping him out of the number 1 spot is his lack of yards which is due to him being out early.

I'm sorry that taron henry is out, he was well re-cruited and i hope he can still get scholorship to those good schools. But isn't it funny how last year he wasn't in a spot light when ralph was at rhs? and someone earlier was talking about how rico "is bhs's team"? I'm sorry, but no one has control over what the DNJ puts in the paper. Personally i think they've screwed bhs and rhs as far as good high lights. BHS had all the highlights in the prep section for the first 3-4 weeks of regular season play. It seemed to me that rhs got screwed those weeks. I also don't like the fact that the DNJ is soo negitive about always bringing up players who got hurt months ago, such as Rico and Taron. And when they talk about Rico being back, they always bring up when he wasn't playing, and his foot injury. If i was a player, who was making something of myself in the spotlight, i'd want coverage on me, not me because someone else is out, who was better than me. I'd feel sorry that they were out, but wouldn't dwell on the fact that i'm just 2nd best.

I'm not attacking either team, and i wouldn't criticize the blaze, because i am one. But for someone attacking riverdale because they can play football well on both sides of the ball is just dumb. It's not helping either team win friday. You sure won't get any whines out of me if we lose, and you surely won't get any arrogent posts if we win. I wanted a good game last week; i got it. Although i didn't want it to be that close - I got what i asked for. I also got the win i wanted too. All i ask this week is that the team who wants it more to win, and i also want a good game ref'ed by the refs. I don't think we've gotten a fair game at thomahawk stadium yet. I do think the first time we played RHS at BHS was fair - we just got out butts kicked. No excuses.

Don't look for just one person to control the game - look at the entire field, there will be good plays in unexpected spots of the field. I just hope weather conditions are better this time than last week, and also the last time we played at rhs.

screw pre-meditated scores, Go blaze.

smallz

Guest SoFtBaLLsTar06

Good post smallz I agree with you. This is going to be a good match between two very good teams. It all depends on who wants it more.

Yes Rico is not all blackman has ~ they have a lot of other contributors ~~ Herbert, redding, amburgey(sp) twins, stephes,kulian,mays,dennis,maupin,miles,prince(now) and many more.

Good Luck to the BLAZE beat the Warriors * !!!

Smallz I have to disagree with you on one thing though ~~ Rico is very good but ralph stembridge and ralph king were good too and you cant really say that one is better than the other bc they all good and equal to me. But personally Ithink ralph stembridge is better than rico but I only say that bc ralph is my boy !!! BUT I GIVE ALL 3 THEM CREDIT THEY HAVE SO MUCH TALENT and dont need to waste it.

WHere did king end up goin to college if he went bc i know ralph went to Cumberland.

Well go blaze ~~ believe and u can achieve it if u want it bad enough

Riverdale will win this game barring a devastating series of injuries or bad calls. This Riverdale defense is the best they have had since the '94 team. They just don't give up points. Blackman runs a very predictable offense, and the teams that have deciphered that have destroyed Blackman. Unless Blackman completely changes their offensive scheme in the course of one week of practice, the Riverdale defense will shut them down. For Blackman to win they must execute perfectly in every aspect of the game, and create some turnovers, big plays, return a kick for a TD, that sort of thing. They have no chance in this game without some huge plays on defense. It will be a tough game and will probably be closer than the previous meeting, but Blackman needs a lot of luck to win this game.

This rematch may be very close. Both teams are very good and have great athletes. Possibly the biggest problem that will hurt Blackman is their attitude. They are always trying to make excuses on why they lose or don't play good. Unfortunately Blackman is capable of playing Riverdale closely. It will be a good game. I do believe Riverdale will want the game more. Blackman started those false accusations last year about Riverdale recruiting. Also, most fans don't realize that the players who left Riverdale for Blackman tried to destroy Riverdale's freshman locker room on their last day. Last season during the playoffs, Blackman students attempted to set fire to the annex section of classrooms at Riverdale. Warrior players have a lot to play for. Go Warriors RHS-17 BHS-0

Guest titansfan

warrdogg are u crazy. i dont recall any of that crap about burning the school ever happening. maybe it is just a roomer at rhs. anyways wuts up with talking about how blackman always make up excuses when they lose ;). blackman is one of the best teams in the region and they dont have to make up excuses when they lose. if they lose it only means that they didn't come ready to the game and thought it was going to be an ez win or they just werent ready. but for the excuses you are crazy. the only real reason that riverdale beat them in the first place is that they werent ready for a SATURDAY Game. come on why do you think that the game was canceled...umm it couldnt be because they are not good in the rain and blackman is the best team in the region when it comes to rain (undefeated in rain as a matter of FACT). so you just need to shut-up with saying that blackman comes up with little baby excuses when they lose. :)

and do you think that riverdale actually has more to play for. blackman is a 2 year varsity program what whould make a better program than the blaze ending riverdales Home undefeated streak and moving to the quater-finals in just its second varsity year (good job on the winning streak though to bad it will have to end ;))

just a nother note the winner of this game will beat Dobyns Bennett and move on to germantown in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP and then win there. so we will have a region 4 5A state champion

good luck to both teams

[Edited by titansfan on 11-21-02 9:42A]

Guest BHSSportGuy

The answer is BHS. Becuase RHS automatically asummes they can beat us, just because they did earlier in the year. They think they'll "contain" Rico, and dominate the whole game. All they have is pressure on them to beat a good team. BHS is playing for a number of things. Respect, Revenge, and the Right to say we are better than RHS. Rhs just has to show up and deal w/the pressure, but we have to come out and play our game, and go win it. It IS possible, but we won't if all our fans automatically assume we lose. I know people here a BHS who say we will get drilled. Point is, if your a BHS student and you go to the game, CHEER! We can win, just have the faith and spirit and we will do it! Peace, I'm out!

hold up warrdogg, what are you talking about? i went to RHS my freshman year, know players who came from there and are at BHS with me, and have heard nothing about locker rooms being destroyed. especially not right before we left riverdale. maybe you just heard that from someone else? and what about our attitude? we're doing what everyone else does: stating facts. if you see them as excuses then perhaps you are misreading some of the posts.