Hampton vs Meigs. Replay of 2015 sub state ?

Newsworthy

sorry bud but it was definitely not BOTH ways. But it's Meigs own fault they can't put themselves 20 down and expect to come back. But calls were not BOTH ways and u know that as well as I do bud! Absolutely terrible officiating. I'm not one for blaming refs at all but that was pretty obvious

Take your crying back to Decatur

Edited by HamptonBulldogs1

Take your crying back to Dectaur

not crying at all but I do know the game of basketball and I know what I seen. Hampton is a great ball club and first class all the way around. But I believe being at home helped them get some of those questionable calls. But they earned that right to be there. And #4 is a stud on the floor. Kid can flat out play. I feel like Meigs got down and had to battle back and was the recipient of some very very questionable calls. But congrats to Hampton and I will be rooting for them I thoroughly enjoy watching Hampton play....

P.S. Thanks for your concern but I don't live in Decatur.

not crying at all but I do know the game of basketball and I know what I seen. Hampton is a great ball club and first class all the way around. But I believe being at home helped them get some of those questionable calls. But they earned that right to be there. And #4 is a stud on the floor. Kid can flat out play. I feel like Meigs got down and had to battle back and was the recipient of some very very questionable calls. But congrats to Hampton and I will be rooting for them I thoroughly enjoy watching Hampton play....

P.S. Thanks for your concern but I don't live in Decatur.

+1

Ole #4 is setting here, wore OUT.

I told him he looked a Lil sluggish the 2nd half...said he took an inadvertent elbow from Zy to the sternum before the half and never got his breath back LOL

As I said, both teams went hard and watching those two was fun!

Zy ended with 32 I think and Coby with 24 and other scoring was spread out pretty good.

Yea, I saw the news....Apparently they had our JV line up and names all wrong...geeeeez

I won't try to speak for ALL Meigs fans, just the ones I watched after the district and region finals. As they announced the all tourney teams, they clapped for every opponent's players except GCA. Even after beating GCA in the district champ! So, not surprised at all to hear you ran into some classless ones. I will admit, it didn't bother much either time, but it was certainly less after the regional. Congrats on the win, glad you sent them packing.

If you noticed at the district tournament not only Meigs was being cheered for by all the other teams in the district. The student section was made up of Meigs, Midway, Greenback, and Harriman students. During the region tournament there was less because fans from the other schools were not at the game. However, I did hear some "classless" comments from the Grace "Christian" section which were far from being Christian. Those in glass houses should not throw stones. So take care of your classless fans before commenting on other fans. The game is not about you or the fans the game is about the athletes on the court. If it was about you I would hope your team would be packing it in after the next game, but because the team is from district 3 I hope they go far.

Was yet another amazing sub state game between two very talented teams.  The tradition of Hampton basketball is something amazing.  I understand every team has classless fans, including us, but throwing chairs onto the floor after the game is just uncalled for.  Anyways good luck Dogs in the state.

Was yet another amazing sub state game between two very talented teams.  The tradition of Hampton basketball is something amazing.  I understand every team has classless fans, including us, but throwing chairs onto the floor after the game is just uncalled for.  Anyways good luck Dogs in the state.

It's found everywhere

It's found everywhere

I agree.  We should all remember it's about the 15-18 year old kids working their tails off on the court/field/etc...  We should never disrespect a kid on another team because of what some some fans of that team might have done.  As I'm trying to teach my little one, we are only responsible for our own actions, not what somebody else does.

The reply about fans was not aimed at last night. I was not there and did not see or hear what happened. I apologize for any thing that happened last night. As I said the game is about the players not us.