class 1A region 6 banquet awards?

wboro33

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There wasn't one this year. I heard distance was the issue... I was disappointed as well

thats pitiful.........distance.............i as well as lot of other parents went the "distance' to the games and not one of the gates turned down my money to get in the game........i guess the kids will get their region awards in the mail..........yea im pretty pissed.......they could at least get reconized for all the hard work they put in 

Not big on individual awards but it's a classless shame these young men from all the schools are not getting the recognition for their accomplishments on and off the field. Coaches and athletic directors need to get together to make this right! At least put their names in the local newspaper for grandparent's sake!

Not big on individual awards but it's a classless shame these young men from all the schools are not getting the recognition for their accomplishments on and off the field. Coaches and athletic directors need to get together to make this right! At least put their names in the local newspaper for grandparent's sake!

im not a grandparent and i dont think u are either......i am Big on individual awards IF the kid is worthy of it........and worked hard to get it..........everybody likes a little pat on the back once in a while

im not a grandparent and i dont think u are either......i am Big on individual awards IF the kid is worthy of it........and worked hard to get it..........everybody likes a little pat on the back once in a while

Glad that someone else thinks like I do wboro33...these kids bust their butts year round with spring ball, sacrifice summer vacation for sweat and pain, study playbooks and assignments, play through injuries, and most play other sports as well...too far to travel doesn't cut the mustard to "mail in" something that they should be very proud of. Lots of time and effort has to be put in just to be "average", so when a kid has earned the praise and recognition of everyone in the region, the laziness of adults shouldn't rob them of their moment. 

Edited by tradertwo

You're right, not a grandparent. I do agree with you there needs to be a nice banquet for these young men!

• 3 weeks later...

Come on man- Banquets are more about parent egos then player recognition.

Most of these young men care about their team and winning, while parents make a huge deal about banquets and senior gifts.