Who are the Top 5 players in the State Regardless of Class?

well you got a point there we all have our own opinions. He's actually probably alot better than we see at East bc he's on a talented squad that plays 10 players. Maybe with more touches he would be more dominant. He's definitely not just a regular 6'9 freshman with only height he has game. Saw the james wiseman kid at Ensworth in the state tourney and Chandler would own that kid. Would be interesting to see what type of numbers he would put up being the key player outside of AAA

That's the best Lawson thus far. Like you said he is a freshman and he has to play a role which he is doing but he's very dominant when playing his age.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the best Lawson thus far. Like you said he is a freshman and he has to play a role which he is doing but he's very dominant when playing his age.

Jonathon may be the best when its all said and done, he's 6'2-3 already in the 7th grade. He may not get as tall as the others but it could probably benefit him more athletically in the long run(not having to grow into another tall lanky frame), but he doesn't have that killer instinct in him like chandler did at American Way. 

Jonathon may be the best when its all said and done, he's 6'2-3 already in the 7th grade. He may not get as tall as the others but it could probably benefit him more athletically in the long run(not having to grow into another tall lanky frame), but he doesn't have that killer instinct in him like chandler did at American Way. 

I haven't seen him play but I heard he doesn't abuse kids like he is capable of.  He's young so if the mindset kicks in from what I hear he will be right in the conversation as well.

I haven't seen him play but I heard he doesn't abuse kids like he is capable of.  He's young so if the mindset kicks in from what I hear he will be right in the conversation as well.

Lawson is too small(light in the shorts) to abuse anyone. His length is what gives him a huge advantage against most players his age or older. He looks very odd with the extremely long arms.

Another advantage he (and all other East players) has is that Jevonte Holmes is on East's bench. 

He's a skills trainer in Memphis. He's trained a lot of people many of them in the NBA.  That's a huge advantage to Lawson and East.

Lawson is too small(light in the shorts) to abuse anyone. His length is what gives him a huge advantage against most players his age or older. He looks very odd with the extremely long arms.

Another advantage he (and all other East players) has is that Jevonte Holmes is on East's bench. 

He's a skills trainer in Memphis. He's trained a lot of people many of them in the NBA.  That's a huge advantage to Lawson and East.

those arms are freakish lol looks like he could touch his knees standing straight. Jevonte is the man! He and Scotty Mason

Edited by TonyG

I was referring to the younger brother in the 7th grade.  As far as Chandler he will bulk up.  He's long and can get his shot off.  His length and skill which is the benefit of a REALLY good trainer apparently is what separates him in his class.

those arms are freakish lol looks like he could touch his knees standing straight. Jevonte is the man! He and Scotty Mason

I think I actually saw his finger tips touching the top of his knees when we played them for the SCIAA Championship. He's very, very, very, long. I think I read somewhere that he has the reach of a 7'2 person.

I was referring to the younger brother in the 7th grade.  As far as Chandler he will bulk up.  He's long and can get his shot off.  His length and skill which is the benefit of a REALLY good trainer apparently is what separates him in his class.

Jonathan is the spitting image of Chandler. He too is very light in the shorts and plays point for a middle school team that is very wild and wants to play jail break basketball for all 24 mins of the game. We had them and 10+ other middle school teams in our gym for a middle school play day. His size was impressive but he didn't stand out after that. There were two kids at A Maceo Walker that were almost his size and they were matched him in athleticism. 

Tony G, have you seen the youngest Lawson? He's 6'4, a top 10-20 player in that class nationally and I've never seen him described as not having killer instinct, LOL..He just led a team that had no business winning a middle school state to a championship. He a dog's dog

Yeah i seen him I also saw how he received the MVP after his teammate Jaylen Brown scored 24 or 27 in the city championship with him only scoring like 12 or something. I've seen him dominate before but not on a frequent basis. Best kept secret in middle school is hands down Matthew Murrell and arguably the best player, just played for a smaller John P Freeman school with no help. But the kid showed out in the 901prepscoop all star game. Remember the name

Jonathan is the spitting image of Chandler. He too is very light in the shorts and plays point for a middle school team that is very wild and wants to play jail break basketball for all 24 mins of the game. We had them and 10+ other middle school teams in our gym for a middle school play day. His size was impressive but he didn't stand out after that. There were two kids at A Maceo Walker that were almost his size and they were matched him in athleticism. 

That kid at A Maceo Walker is a grown man he's like 6'4 225 in the 8th grade lol he's built like a linebacker. Word is Whitehaven is getting a few of the top middle school guys next year, at least 4. coach Phillips has been coaching those boys on the AAU circuit for years now and the parents love his philosophy. They will challenge some teams next year as freshman just like East did last year, but they will for sure be vying for trips to Murfeesboro in 2018. Its along way away i know but im a fan of both levels and sorry for getting off topic of the thread lol