Single A - Baseball - (Predictions)

shlionsbaseball5

• 2 weeks later...

Well a week into season and the board seems quiet. What has everyone seen so far? Summertown and Forrest split a series. Summertown also defeated a loaded Spring Hill team in the Loretto St Patrick's day tournament to advance into the Championship game vrs Wilson (Al).

How do teams look to the East and West? Rockwood and Jackson Christian, Decatur Co Riverside, Peabody and Grace?

Well a week into season and the board seems quiet. What has everyone seen so far? Summertown and Forrest split a series. Summertown also defeated a loaded Spring Hill team in the Loretto St Patrick's day tournament to advance into the Championship game vrs Wilson (Al).

How do teams look to the East and West? Rockwood and Jackson Christian, Decatur Co Riverside, Peabody and Grace?

Jackson Christian and Peabody will be solid. And Scotts Hill still has some good talent although they only have two seniors. So they are still young. Riverside will not be a factor. Not very good. Their day has long come and gone.

In the east, Rockwood is not very good, .500 would be an accomplishment for them. Grace is good for 1A, but not as good as last year.

Loretto takes both games over Summertown, each game by 1 run (3-2 & 1-0). Loretto's pitching is very strong, Summertown's offense has been almost non-existent last few games. Bad timing? Or a preview of District tournament powers? That's 7 games now in the past 2 season between these schools and at least 4 (maybe even 6) have been decided by 1 run. If one or both of these two teams can get some offensive power going they both have strong pitching staffs to good deep into tournament play.

District 15A is very Solid...has lots of Parity...Jackson Christian being the Early Leader but come Tournament time don't Count TCA , Adamsville,Scotts Hill or Riverside out..Look for the teams out of 15A to make some noise. Good Solid District..One of the strongest baseball districts in Single A baseball..IMO 

Edited by shlionsbaseball5

Loretto takes both games over Summertown, each game by 1 run (3-2 & 1-0). Loretto's pitching is very strong, Summertown's offense has been almost non-existent last few games. Bad timing? Or a preview of District tournament powers? That's 7 games now in the past 2 season between these schools and at least 4 (maybe even 6) have been decided by 1 run. If one or both of these two teams can get some offensive power going they both have strong pitching staffs to good deep into tournament play.

home of Mr Weathers

District tournament in 12a should come down to Loretto and Summerrtown. I like Summertown's chances to win a 3 game series but beating Laws or Weathers to push the third game will be an issue. Summertown has a deep pitching rotation that could help them in tournament play. The biggest question for the Eagles now is offense and can they push runs across the plate when they have to have one. Defense is solid and I think the best in the district, they haven't been able to execute bunts and sacrifice situations this season that in years past they have been so good at.

Loretto has the best pitcher in district 12a and possibly single A ball period. Looney proved last year how deep one pitcher can carry a team in tournament play. Lucky for them they have another lefty that is nearly as good as the ace. Defense is solid but I feel it's below the Eagles in 12a.

CA hasn't played the schedule the Eagles have this year and to me aren't proven yet, Grace Christian should come out as runner up from district 11A.

How these team match up with 12a will be very interesting. Depending on how 12a comes out into region play as 1&2 seeds to me will be huge. My prediction if Summertown can come out as #1 seed it will be a district 12 sweep into Substate sectional. From there who knows what comes next