Van Buren vs Grace Christian

KnoxMoJo

At least Shozen acknowledges the fact that VB can win games. Uc sports fan has said that playing our girls in the state tourney would "be like playing their jv" and he was definitely wrong there. I predicted our boys would beat Jackson County in the sectional (they did, by 13) and he acted like I was crazy saying there was no way because they had blown us out by 40 before (which was also definitely not true). But anyhow. Proving people wrong is a great feeling.

VB is a solid team. They hustle, play solid defense, and Mills is a talented player. I have never said VB was a bad team by any means. I have just said Clay Co is and has been the better team of the two this year and said VB lost to every decent team they played this year besides JC, Marion County, and now GCA.

Which is were futurecoy got his man pride hurt because I said that. Don't get me wrong I hope VB and Clay play each other in the finals; It always has been a good rivalry.

Mills is the best player that I can remember from VB since Al Rigsby played in 05-06. He was a man child and could dunk with the best of them.

Best of luck.

Edited by Shozen

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golden 33. Congrats on the huge win today. Good luck from the Walters family.

We had a question? How,much better was,grace than MC

Thanks. And that I'm not sure about lol y'all are more physical and draw more fouls that's for sure. And sharper shooters. Would've liked to see you guys go further.

12thmangca, I watched the ref asking Arnold about his leggings and watched him pull them up during warm ups. I then noticed that the other players wearing similar ones. I thought maybe because his had blue stripes at top and bottom instead of solid white like the other guys? I wasn't close to the court, so maybe that wasn't the case?

I didn't get my pride hurt I have no problem with you saying Clay is better they may very well be, Clay is a very talented team. I've never said anything different, my problem was and still is that you said they are "23 points guaranteed" better. If Clay is better it is most certainly not by 23 points. As i said it doesn't matter though VB took care of their business today and it won't matter if you think Clay is 50 points better if they don't win tomorrow.

Edited by FutureCOY

Yes the refs can change the outcome of any game. From the stats on tssaa website. Grace shot 55 shots and scored just 60 points. Sounds like they just didn't make shots when it counted

Give you that

Arnold and Ledford easily our best shooters and with Arnold out it put a lot of pressure on other guys not use to having to do that much shooting. Arnold shoots over 33 games like 48% so.......no argument the team as a whole did not shoot great. Walker made some big shots tonight but didnt see the box score yet. Didnt feel like we got 55 shots. Felt like we got 55 fouls lol

So is Van Buren up forca home and home next year with us?