Van Buren vs Grace Christian

KnoxMoJo

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this folks quiet and eating crow on this site. I guess Shozen can't collect on his offer.

I even said I wouldn't be surprised if VB won. I did pick GCA and that was just a snark at that one poster. I seen GCA at the Smokey Mountain Classic and wasn't that impressed. They have that one kid who is good but he was in foul trouble tonight.

Mills performed as needed so VB gets there win. I don't think he gets 28 vs BTW though. They will make it a priority to not let him beat them.

Edited by Shozen

I can't really comment on GCA as I am not familiar with them but that was standard VB. They play a solid game and Mills performed to his usual. He had 27 and 28 points vs Clay Co this year so that was pretty standard for him.

I picked GCA but said I wouldn't be surprised if VB won. They needed Mills to have a good game and he did.

Hey I am the one who had to watch his son play 7 mins in this game. Im just not going to get into it but I would have rather had the officiating crew from the East game. These 3 guys butchered this game. If people want to go to the glass house to watch 40 fouls called then fine. Have your day and enjoy it. Sour grapes? Yes I hurt for my kid and the whole team.

Kudos to Mills on a big night we played horrible close out D on him and we scored 6 points in our first 13 possesions. And we missed free throws and shots that could have won it through out the game.

Do you realize Arnold played wirh sports leggings on the whole year for 33 games!!! A ref made him go change and take them off 3 mins before tipoff and that was the same ref that hit him with his first two fouls in the first Q. Then hit him with 3 of his 4 fouls. So does that mean for 33 games the refs were incompetent on such a massively important wardrobe issue? Cmon TSSAA that is crap to not enforce something all year and then enforce it at state? And really i dont care about that it is just the mentality of the crew. He was singled out from the start. Anyone who watched this game tell me if I am wrong?

Van Buren won so congrats. I dont begrudge them nobody shoukd do that they are kids and good luck to them, but if anyone from VB thinks you got our best game tonight you are wrong and none of us got the most balanced game from the officials. But its called a tournament for a reason. You won we didnt so move on and good luck.

Tough to watch but I did get some good photos

Probably the one where you offered me your shoulder to cry on when GCA put VB out. Yeah i would say thats the one

At least Shozen acknowledges the fact that VB can win games. Uc sports fan has said that playing our girls in the state tourney would "be like playing their jv" and he was definitely wrong there. I predicted our boys would beat Jackson County in the sectional (they did, by 13) and he acted like I was crazy saying there was no way because they had blown us out by 40 before (which was also definitely not true). But anyhow. Proving people wrong is a great feeling.

Hey I am the one who had to watch his son play 7 mins in this game. Im just not going to get into it but I would have rather had the officiating crew from the East game. These 3 guys butchered this game. If people want to go to the glass house to watch 40 fouls called then fine. Have your day and enjoy it. Sour grapes? Yes I hurt for my kid and the whole team.

Kudos to Mills on a big night we played horrible close out D on him and we scored 6 points in our first 13 possesions. And we missed free throws and shots that could have won it through out the game.

Do you realize Arnold played wirh sports leggings on the whole year for 33 games!!! A ref made him go change and take them off 3 mins before tipoff and that was the same ref that hit him with his first two fouls in the first Q. Then hit him with 3 of his 4 fouls. So does that mean for 33 games the refs were incompetent on such a massively important wardrobe issue? Cmon TSSAA that is crap to not enforce something all year and then enforce it at state? And really i dont care about that it is just the mentality of the crew. He was singled out from the start. Anyone who watched this game tell me if I am wrong?

Van Buren won so congrats. I dont begrudge them nobody shoukd do that they are kids and good luck to them, but if anyone from VB thinks you got our best game tonight you are wrong and none of us got the most balanced game from the officials. But its called a tournament for a reason. You won we didnt so move on and good luck.

Tough to watch but I did get some good photos

I don't know about the leggings as I have seen people wearing them all year. I have seen some refs make the kids take off the shooting sleeves and some allow it. I agree there needs to be a standard and it followed all year.

This again is where refs need to be evaluated. They are getting paid to ref a game. They need to be held to a standard. Evaluations should be considered to see if you get to ref the district region and state tournaments as well.

Edited by Shozen

Great win for VB tonight. There was some tough calls against GCA's Arnold but most of those 1st half teams fouls were legitimate holds on defense (In the 2nd half, both teams had 11 fouls). Ledford played extremely well for a Freshman and GCA's press gave us more trouble than it should have. But this was not VB's best game by no means. We can shoot a lot better and score more in the post than we did tonight. Hopefully everything will be clicking for us on Friday when we face BTW.