Gibson County vs South Greene

cofo

All I am saying is playing Middleton the day before a tougher task than Community and South Green had a day off before the Community game. I predicted the South Green Pickett winner to win the Gold Ball after I seen the brackets. Knew the GC Middleton winner would be gassed and would be capable of losing to anyone up there after their game. GC and Middleton game had been long awaited and hyped for two years. Wished they would have been in opposite brackets.

All I am saying is playing Middleton the day before a tougher task than Community and South Green had a day off before the Community game. I predicted the South Green Pickett winner to win the Gold Ball after I seen the brackets. Knew the GC Middleton winner would be gassed and would be capable of losing to anyone up there after their game. GC and Middleton game had been long awaited and hyped for two years. Wished they would have been in opposite brackets.

What hurt yall in my opinion more than anything is having to go into OT with Van Buren when most thought it would be a blowout because they only won at home against jackson co in the substate by 10 when Pickett County beat Jackson Co the game before by 41 pts. Who is to say if the roles were reversed you would have won your 1st round game against pickett when yall only shot 35% for that game. It's all hindsight and matter of opinion.

Switch the brackets up and it could be the same or different results we will never know. There were 5 teams that would capable of winning it after watching all the games.

If yall were in different brackets yall might have never faced each other and the hype would still be there. At least you won against Middleton.

Swipes look at the Middleton Harriman thread I just bumped and you will see my comment I made that I just recommented on from last Sunday. It was quite obvious that Middleton and GC were two very strong teams that would meet up in the semis and have a war and would be at a disadvantage in the finals. I predicted the Pickett South Green side to win the gold ball for that very reason. But again South Green was awesome and a lot of fun to watch and deserved the ball.

Swipes look at the Middleton Harriman thread I just bumped and you will see my comment I made that I just recommented on from last Sunday. It was quite obvious that Middleton and GC were two very strong teams that would meet up in the semis and have a war and would be at a disadvantage in the finals. I predicted the Pickett South Green side to win the gold ball for that very reason. But again South Green was awesome and a lot of fun to watch and deserved the ball.

I read your post. I knew when the brackets came out that SG and Pickett game would be the toughest first round game since Pickett Co returned the entire team. I also figured Community would be there in the semis because they once again they returned almost their whole team and both had been to state last year. Pickett barely lost to Middleton and community lost to SG last year by 1 and SG lost by 1 to Middleton the next game so I knew those teams would be on the same level as Middleton and GC. Like I posted before I think going into OT and having to spend a lot of energy to get it there hurt yall in the long run more than your battle against Middleton or the day off. Everyone that had seen Van Buren play didn't think they would be in that game with you. I knew SG had their own battle against Community awaiting. SG, GC, Middleton, Community, or Pickett co. All could have won it in my opinion and not to much separated these teams except SG was more consistent during the tournament.

Edited by Swipes

The Van Buren game didn't help I agree, but most everyone on the board said they were a cakewalk and that was not the case. They hit long range three after three and we came out cold with first game jitters and before you know it we are in OT. Most teams would have lost that game against VB the way we shot. Our defense won the game at the end, but these guys were down 6 in regulation to us with 45 seconds left and come back and tied it. Any time you have a Miss Basketball Finalist and a little support you can be dangerous and I couldn't believe the lack of love for VB before the game. I know the common opponent factor but you have to consider the big stage and there is 8 there. You come out a little cold and the other one is hot and you can be in trouble quick. They may have been weak during the regular season but I will commend them. They played well against us and it was more than one player. South Green, Pickett, Middleton, GC Community all could have won it I agree. VB was tough as well.

The Van Buren game didn't help I agree, but most everyone on the board said they were a cakewalk and that was not the case. They hit long range three after three and we came out cold with first game jitters and before you know it we are in OT. Most teams would have lost that game against VB the way we shot. Our defense won the game at the end, but these guys were down 6 in regulation to us with 45 seconds left and come back and tied it. Any time you have a Miss Basketball Finalist and a little support you can be dangerous and I couldn't believe the lack of love for VB before the game. I know the common opponent factor but you have to consider the big stage and there is 8 there. You come out a little cold and the other one is hot and you can be in trouble quick. They may have been weak during the regular season but I will commend them. They played well against us and it was more than one player. South Green, Pickett, Middleton, GC Community all could have won it I agree. VB was tough as well.

VB shot abnormally well against yall and they haven't shot like that all year so I commend them for taking yall to OT, and yall did come out cold only shooting 35% for the game. Which wouldn't have been good against a team that had been there last year in Middleton, PC, Community, or SG in the first round. Yall have a great team I just didn't like how someone says that we don't know basketball because people have an opinion of who had the tougher road to the championship because PC and Community showed this year and last year that they are on the same level as Sg, Middleton, and GC

I didn't say you don't know basketball. I just have watched Middleton play quite a bit this year and thought from the get go that the upper bracket would win it based on the bracket. Yeah Pickett and South Green was a war with two great teams but it was on Wednesday with a day off on Thursday. We might not have beaten South Green with all the rest in the world. All I am saying is I predicted last Sunday for that side to win the gold ball because the way the bracket fell knowing we had each other possibly in the semis. But South Green will be a hard out for a couple of years. Will be a fun team to watch. You have a good team.