Sequatchie Valley Softball

Shadrick69

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitwell's senior pitcher would be the top player for this coming year I would think. Bledsoe and Sequatchie have good catchers (if the Bledsoe girl didn't graduate, I can't remember).. I don't know much or remember much about Marion and South Pittsburg. There are some others I think will turn out good but I think it's too early to start hyping them.

I have to disagree with Indian saying that the Whitwell girl is th best returning player. Evidently he didn't see Sarah Griffith pitch the last two years for Marion. She has a rise-ball the can fool anyone she is pitching to. Along with Griffith, shortstop Tamara Willams has a gun for an arm and was the only one to make All-District last year from Marion. With South Pittsburg, Haley Helm is definatly one of the best players in the valley. She can hit the ball and plays very good defense.

Coach Simmons still teaches at Seq Co High and is the bowling "coach", the new softball coach is Dale Millsaps. Coach Simmons son is playing baseball at Motlow and I would guess that he wants to watch him in the Spring. As far as players , I would say that the pitching in the Valley could be down a little with the loss of pitchers from Sequatchie, Whitwell and Bledsoe who all signed with colege programs. Sarah at Marion will be one of the top pitchers in the valley along with the girl from Whitwell. Helm at SP is very fast and talented and Bledsoe's two best hitters will probably be Burton-© and Everett-(LF). At Sequatchie, Barker-©, will probably be the best player. I'm sure I'm leaving out some..the dog howls...

PIRATEDAD..you are right, the water just tastes better in the valley.....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

With one week of play through, my vote for top Sequatchie Valley team is Whitwell. They went 7-0 in the South Pittsburg and Sequatchie playdays, beating Marion,Grundy,Bledsoe,Richard Hardy, Sequatchie, and Cookeville. This past week they beat disrtict rivals CCS 6-1 and South Pittsburg 11-2. This year the Lady Tigers have strong pitching, strong catching, a strong defense, a very productive offense, good attitudes, and excellent coaching. These ladies are playing like a ballteam,and if they keep it up they might be one of the top teams in Single A.

Good Luck this week ladies!!!! :):):)