AAA softball

CoachOfManySports10

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good match ups tonight. Who do you have from East TN? Maryville v. Gibbs, Seymour v. Science Hill, Hardin Valley v. Powell?

Interesting matchups tonight. Both Gibbs and Maryville as well as HVA and Powell played close earlier in the season. Toss-up games, in my opinion. I think Gibbs will exact revenge on Maryville. Powell has dealt with some injuries late in the season, although they are getting close to 100%. HVA is hot at the right time, so I'll give them the edge.

Daniel Boone should cruise over Cherokee, and I'll also take SH in a close one over Seymour.

Very good match ups tonight. Who do you have from East TN? Maryville v. Gibbs, Seymour v. Science Hill, Hardin Valley v. Powell?

Interesting matchups tonight. Both Gibbs and Maryville as well as HVA and Powell played close earlier in the season. Toss-up games, in my opinion. I think Gibbs will exact revenge on Maryville. Powell has dealt with some injuries late in the season, although they are getting close to 100%. HVA is hot at the right time, so I'll give them the edge.

Daniel Boone should cruise over Cherokee, and I'll also take SH in a close one over Seymour.

Well, I was close.

Great pitching duel in both Region 2 games. Lone run scored by Gibbs was due to a pair of throwing errors in an early inning. Powell made a costly error that let the 2nd inning continue, leading to the "game-winning" 2-run homer with 2 outs in the 2nd inning. Cherokee made things interesting with Boone, and Seymour had a huge 4th inning to take control against SH.

Gibbs and Hardin Valley should be favored to win the sectional games, regardless of matchup.

Yeah I heard The Gibbs maryville game was a thriller. Also, heard Boone and Seymour can hit a little bit with alot of power in both lineups. I believe Hardin Valley and Seymour will be the Favorites. Hardin Valley is peaking at the right moment and Seymour is a scrappy bunch that seems to find a way to win. Are Gibbs or Seymour back to their power house days? I know for a stretch there them two and Boone were very good teams. Hardin Valley is new to the seen and on a roll with a good pitcher. My vote is Gibbs or Seymour and Hardin valley advance. However in the Region Champ games I am saying Seymour 6-4 and Hardin Valley 2-0. Pulling those scores from no place good. Hitting battle in Boone and very good pitching at Gibbs. 

Yeah I heard The Gibbs maryville game was a thriller. Also, heard Boone and Seymour can hit a little bit with alot of power in both lineups. I believe Hardin Valley and Seymour will be the Favorites. Hardin Valley is peaking at the right moment and Seymour is a scrappy bunch that seems to find a way to win. Are Gibbs or Seymour back to their power house days? I know for a stretch there them two and Boone were very good teams. Hardin Valley is new to the seen and on a roll with a good pitcher. My vote is Gibbs or Seymour and Hardin valley advance. However in the Region Champ games I am saying Seymour 6-4 and Hardin Valley 2-0. Pulling those scores from no place good. Hitting battle in Boone and very good pitching at Gibbs. 

Great picks CoachK. HVA looked great against Gibbs tonight.

Edited by osunut2

Wednesday games:

R1
Seymour @ Daniel Boone

R2
Hardin Valley @ Gibbs

R3
Soddy Daisy @ Ooltewah

R4

Stewarts Creek @ Siegel

R5
Clarksville @ Hendersonville

R6

Dickson Co @ Ravenwood

R7
Arlington @ Brighton

R8
Houston @ Collierville

Edited by osunut2

Collierville 

Arlington

Ravenwood

Hendersonville

siegel

Ooltewah

Hardin Valley

Seymour

Pretty much a guess for me as well. Searched some on unapproved website schedule stuff but some are not up to date. I have seen probably 6 softball games this year. I have seen Gibbs, Maryville, Farragut, Cherokee, Seymour, and Soddy-Daisy play this year and those were early in the year. I have heard great things about HV pitching and Boone hitting as of late. Excited to see how tonight shakes up the possibilities for Friday. Trying to catch a game tonight, which will draw the most interest?

What was the final? We will see how well I did tonight after the Region 1 game in North Carolina, I mean Boone. Sure seems like a haul compared to Gibbs and HVA.  :mrgreen:

HVA won 4-0. Wynne completely dominated. I don't think Gibbs had been beaten like that all season long.