Will Trezevant win it again this year ? And is sleeper of 2A football

Shante

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trezevant's biggest obstacle will be themselves. I assume they will have the same schedule as last year so they should cakewalk into the playoffs. They shouldn't be tested until maybe the semis (if even then). They will have the luxury of resting CR until then and the state game.

You're spot on PP68. There is a toe stumper in the playoffs though. JMO. Very hard to repeat.

Also teams that get a second chance will not be surprised by strength and speed. They should make it to the finals, but if they face MC again there will be no shell shock. I agree though there might be a stumble before then. It is always tough to repeat. Good luck to all the teams. August will be here soon.

Trezevant's biggest obstacle will be themselves. I assume they will have the same schedule as last year so they should cakewalk into the playoffs. They shouldn't be tested until maybe the semis (if even then). They will have the luxury of resting CR until then and the state game.

I agree and disagree with some things in your post. Yes they will be able to rest CR until the title game and they should have an easy path thru most of the playoffs. However they will not have a cakewalk into the playoffs. They will have the same schedule as last year in which they were 7-3. Several bumps in the road before the playoffs. 6A Memphis and Mississippi teams were far from a cakewalk.

I agree and disagree with some things in your post. Yes they will be able to rest CR until the title game and they should have an easy path thru most of the playoffs. However they will not have a cakewalk into the playoffs. They will have the same schedule as last year in which they were 7-3. Several bumps in the road before the playoffs. 6A Memphis and Mississippi teams were far from a cakewalk.

My point is their region schedule will be the same as last year no doubt and they dominated almost every team they played. The MS schools will have no bearing on the playoffs so they will get a good seeding to start the playoffs. Not counting those MS schools I believe they rolled last season with the exception of Memphis East who went to the semis in 4A. The 7 wins in the regular season came against teams with a combined record of 26-51 that's why I say cakewalk. With the team returning almost intact and another year older I just don't see them being tested. I'm not taking anything away from the Bears because they have an outstanding team and I've seen it first hand unfortunately. It will also help that they prob won't have to leave the city of Memphis until they travel to Cookeville. That's a big plus as well. Our semifinal game was at Hampton and that was almost a 5 hr drive.

My point is their region schedule will be the same as last year no doubt and they dominated almost every team they played. The MS schools will have no bearing on the playoffs so they will get a good seeding to start the playoffs. Not counting those MS schools I believe they rolled last season with the exception of Memphis East who went to the semis in 4A. The 7 wins in the regular season came against teams with a combined record of 26-51 that's why I say cakewalk. With the team returning almost intact and another year older I just don't see them being tested. I'm not taking anything away from the Bears because they have an outstanding team and I've seen it first hand unfortunately. It will also help that they prob won't have to leave the city of Memphis until they travel to Cookeville. That's a big plus as well. Our semifinal game was at Hampton and that was almost a 5 hr drive.

I agree with everything you just said about their region schedule. I guess that is why they play the teams they do out of region. But that can be both a blessing and a curse. Yes it will prepare them for the playoffs but if they lose some key they will be a different team. They usually have a really small roster and depth is an issue.