Region 4-4a

As to the TSSAA rule, we are living that nightmare right now. Son transferred to marshall from chapel hill. We've always lived in lewisburg, or on the outskirts of town, but still sitting out a year. He doesn't play football though... Been talking about it for his junior and senior year.

With that, now I'm rooting for both...

Marshall Co.

Spring Hill

Page will handle Lawrence Co. This will be a bounce back for page. They had a tough one Friday night.

Region 4 week 5:

Giles at Marshall:  This maybe closer than some people think but in the end MC 35-21

Spring Hill at Tullahoma: Spring Hill score over 50 on Dickson so: SH 56-14

Page at Lawrence: This game will be a gut check for the Patriots but with that being said: Page 17-14

So Region standings will look like this:

Marshall 2-0

Page 2-0

Giles 1-1

SH 1-1

Lawrence 0-2

Tullahoma 0-2

Update for the 1st round playoff games: Region 3 vs Region 4

Marshall County at home against Hixson

Page at home against Chatt Central

Spring Hill on the road at East Hamilton 

Giles on the road at Stone Memorial

Looks like Region 3 is really down this year so I pick Region 4 to win all 1st Round games.

Region 4 week 5:

Giles at Marshall:  This maybe closer than some people think but in the end MC 35-21

Spring Hill at Tullahoma: Spring Hill score over 50 on Dickson so: SH 56-14

Page at Lawrence: This game will be a gut check for the Patriots but with that being said: Page 17-14

So Region standings will look like this:

Marshall 2-0

Page 2-0

Giles 1-1

SH 1-1

Lawrence 0-2

Tullahoma 0-2

Congrats to the winning teams:

Next week Region 4 goes outside the Region and all on the road except for Giles: The Big Tuna thinks this week will have rocky seas for Region 4, the wind will be blowing and the waves choppy several of our teams could come home without a catch!!!

Kenwood at Giles Co.  35-21 Giles

Marshall Co at Straford: This has the makings of a close game; the Big Tuna doesn't feel good about this game but I'm going with (?) 31-28

Tullahoma at Lincoln Co: Lincoln 24-14

Page at BGA: BGA 35-21

Lawrence Co at Loretto: Lawrence Co 35-14

Spring Hill (Bye)

News bulliten: They did graduate some great players last year. Austin Rowan was a stud. A couple more seniors that were really good. So not everyone is back. I remember the score. I was at the game. If you think Catholic is unbeatable you are crazy. Coaching and nerves cost us the game last year. You can't give a team like that a short field on 3 straight possessions because your ego won't let you punt the ball on 4th and 10. That was the difference in that ballgame.

Hey leadfarmer; after looking at Knox Catholic remaining schedule they will not lose the 4 games they did last year so I am glad I won't have to buy you that Hog Dog and coke.

It does look like a repeat of last year for the semifinals!!! Go Region 4

Hey leadfarmer; after looking at Knox Catholic remaining schedule they will not lose the 4 games they did last year so I am glad I won't have to buy you that Hog Dog and coke.

It does look like a repeat of last year for the semifinals!!! Go Region 4

Man Knoxville Catholic is tearing through everyone right now. Their offense is a machine. It's no wonder their quarterback is throwing for 300 plus in the first half of every game. I think even I could do it if I had a line like that to stand behind. Add receivers like Rogers and Kuerchen...well you know the rest of the story. They have a tough game this week with Belfry KY making the trip to Knoxville. However I think they will win that ballgame. It will be the only time they are tested during the regular season. Greeneville is playing some darn good football right now so they may have something to say about that come November. Edited by leadfarmer

I have to hand it to Giles county. They had me a little worried for a half. Bachus (don't know if I spelled that right) has a big time arm. He was able to expose our secondary pretty well. Their receivers were running crisp routes and he was on target for most of the night. It's wasn't a bad thing because it also taught us what we need to work on in our secondary. From what I could tell from the radio broadcast there were a few times that the receivers were able to get behind our defenders a few times last night and if he had been a little more accurate we would have been in trouble early. You gotta hand it to OC. He has turned that program a complete 180. They are headed in the right direction. Next year Giles county will be a force I guarantee it. I don't know how many players they will lose to graduation but I don't see that being an issue for them.

I have to hand it to Giles county. They had me a little worried for a half. Bachus (don't know if I spelled that right) has a big time arm. He was able to expose our secondary pretty well. Their receivers were running crisp routes and he was on target for most of the night. It's wasn't a bad thing because it also taught us what we need to work on in our secondary. From what I could tell from the radio broadcast there were a few times that the receivers were able to get behind our defenders a few times last night and if he had been a little more accurate we would have been in trouble early. You gotta hand it to OC. He has turned that program a complete 180. They are headed in the right direction. Next year Giles county will be a force I guarantee it. I don't know how many players they will lose to graduation but I don't see that being an issue for them.

I agree. GC should win out in regular season. Bachus has a great arm, good recruiting job on him. I Heard Buckhorn coach was going to turn GC in. Joke. Tough team but this is our year!!! Go Tigers

I agree. GC should win out in regular season. Bachus has a great arm, good recruiting job on him. I Heard Buckhorn coach was going to turn GC in. Joke. Tough team but this is our year!!! Go Tigers

Not so fast. Tha Raiders are on a roll with the athletes to keep it rolling. May not be able to beat MC this year but Giles well that's a different story!!

Not so fast. Tha Raiders are on a roll with the athletes to keep it rolling. May not be able to beat MC this year but Giles well that's a different story!!

I will be the first to tell you that your secondary better be up to snuff and the need to get some pressure on that big quarterback or he will pick you appart. Covering their receivers for just 30 yards won't cut it. That kid can sling it. Not trying to be negative just being honest. If they caught some of those balls last night we would have been in trouble early.

I will be the first to tell you that your secondary better be up to snuff and the need to get some pressure on that big quarterback or he will pick you appart. Covering their receivers for just 30 yards won't cut it. That kid can sling it. Not trying to be negative just being honest. If they caught some of those balls last night we would have been in trouble early.

Ground and pound teams give us problems. Athletically we can match up in the secondary. How are they against the run

They play the run pretty well. We busted a couple of good runs on them but I believe that was due to them being a little tired. The Giles running back can tote the mail too. They run almost the same offense we do. Hard to imagine right. They do a good job with mixing the pass and the run. Pretty balanced IMO.