Region 4-4a

Well it is finally here!!!

East Hamilton at Marshall County: Marshall County by 35

Chattanooga Central at Page: Page by 10

Giles County at Hixson: Giles County by 21

Spring Hill at Stone Memorial: Spring Hill by 7

2nd Round Matchups will be classic: Spring Hill at Page and Giles County at Marshall County

Best of luck to Region 4 and stay injury free!!!!

The Ocean's Perfect Storms are about to clash this coming Friday night, right before the storm hits there will be calm water so everyone can get to their perfect seat to watch Region 4A battle it out for the second time this year.

The Big Tuna has made many predictions throughout this season on Friday night games. The words that I said have NOT won or lost any of those games; Games are won by players who bust their behinds during the week to be the best they can be so that when they walk off the field they can feel proud of knowing they gave it their all.

It is the coach's job to teach the young men to play hard, never give up, if you get knocked down get back up, mistakes happen don't dwell on it move on to the next play, and most important thing I think coaches should be teaching our young men of tomorrow is to show great sportsmanship in all that they do, so that one day they don't have to look back and say I wish I hadn't done it that way.Someday hopefully they will have the opportunity to be a husband and a dad that will show his son or daughter how to live life the right way. By the way I am talking about parents they are the real coaches in life who should be teaching these things at home everyday and the sport coaches should just re enforce those on the field. The real game is Life and your children are watching you as you live it. 

With all that being said best of luck to Region 4A because one of you will be playing in the semifinals Thanksgiving week not only representing your school but all of Region 4A!!!!!

WT 

The Ocean's Perfect Storms are about to clash this coming Friday night, right before the storm hits there will be calm water so everyone can get to their perfect seat to watch Region 4A battle it out for the second time this year.

The Big Tuna has made many predictions throughout this season on Friday night games. The words that I said have NOT won or lost any of those games; Games are won by players who bust their behinds during the week to be the best they can be so that when they walk off the field they can feel proud of knowing they gave it their all.

It is the coach's job to teach the young men to play hard, never give up, if you get knocked down get back up, mistakes happen don't dwell on it move on to the next play, and most important thing I think coaches should be teaching our young men of tomorrow is to show great sportsmanship in all that they do, so that one day they don't have to look back and say I wish I hadn't done it that way.Someday hopefully they will have the opportunity to be a husband and a dad that will show his son or daughter how to live life the right way. By the way I am talking about parents they are the real coaches in life who should be teaching these things at home everyday and the sport coaches should just re enforce those on the field. The real game is Life and your children are watching you as you live it.

With all that being said best of luck to Region 4A because one of you will be playing in the semifinals Thanksgiving week not only representing your school but all of Region 4A!!!!!

WT

Great post! Edited by leadfarmer

WT

True story!

Did any other region go 4-0?!?

WT

The night before the Storm and all the deckhands are sleeping because tomorrow is a big day in Region 4A ! The Big Tuna is ready to make his predictions:

Giles County at Marshall County: Since week 5 when Marshall beat Giles 45-10, both teams have gone 5-1, with Marshall averaging 43 points per game and Giles averaging 45 points a game. The biggest difference is Marshall has had 3 shutouts while Giles none. The game will be closer this time with Giles scoring more than 10 but they will not be able to outscore the Tigers.

Marshall County 38-24

Spring Hill at Page: Last time what a game 26-25 Page. It has been over 2 months since these teams played each other back in week 3; both teams have gotten better Page had a mental breakdown week 11 against Marshall but,other than the Forrest game, Page has been playing better on the offensive side of the ball. This game should be a barn burner!!!!!

Page 35-31

Best of luck to all teams and stay healthy!

WT

Oh yeah I am suppose to mention that Spring Hill will be the sleeper in the district this year.  

Well Well, this was a quote I had made earlier in the thread.  It was brought to my attention by someone from MC who by the way was the one who told me to watch out for them.  The Guru has MC D on another level right now.  Good Luck to all this Friday.  Boys enjoy playing this time of year because these Friday nights aren't promised next season.  Play Safe!!!

Oh yeah I am suppose to mention that Spring Hill will be the sleeper in the district this year.

Well Well, this was a quote I had made earlier in the thread. It was brought to my attention by someone from MC who by the way was the one who told me to watch out for them. The Guru has MC D on another level right now. Good Luck to all this Friday. Boys enjoy playing this time of year because these Friday nights aren't promised next season. Play Safe!!!

It really is a shame that this region is dissolving the way that it is. No Giles or Page next year. Those where two big rivals for SH. In comes Maplewood (no gate) and Nolensville but only for 2 years. Kind of sad.

It really is a shame that this region is dissolving the way that it is. No Giles or Page next year. Those where two big rivals for SH. In comes Maplewood (no gate) and Nolensville but only for 2 years. Kind of sad.

Yeah I hate it.  I doubt many of the metro schools bring 50 people to GC.  Best stadium many of them will ever see a game in.

I bet whoever made the decision to stay in 3A wishes they had a redo. I still think TSSAA intentionally stuck it to Giles.

Agree. Very bad decision for Giles to not play up in 4a and now they will have to be in Nashville for half of their season, that will get old for their fans quick. Even in playoffs when all roads go thru Alcoa don't expect Giles to even get close to another gold ball in the near future. Hate to see the rival games gone as well