Wartburg Bulldogs?

Trout was the Head Coach at Wartburg when his son played for one year not Oakdale. He then coached middle school ball at Warturg when his grandson played but he was an assistant middle school coach at Oakdale though as I seen him on the sidelines when my nephew played them.Look I wish the best for them and hope they can turn it around, heck I played there, once a bulldog always a bulldog but I cannot support that bunch thats out there right now. Hopefully changes can be made and they turn it around but I doubt it.

Until then Coalfield, Sunbright, and Oakdale will contiune putting them in the dirt.

Go Jackets, Ill stick by the score.

Actually, his son didn't play for him in the early 90's because I played with his son in the early and mid eighties at Wartburg. But I do agree with much of what you are saying. I heard from a pretty reliable source that a bunch of people applied for the head coaching job, but for whatever insane reason they brought back Larry Davis. As an alumni of Wartburg, this ticked me off. lm not necessarily close to the program, but I just can't stand Davis's style. His teams show no enthusiasm, he stands there with his hands behind his back and after countless beat downs, he says stuff like "we just quit....I just don't understand it." Sorry but that gets old after so long. As far as Ronnie goes, I've known him a long time and I must say he always treated me well as a teenager and I was friends with his son back in the day, but he's no football coach. What will happen with the program? Who knows? But I think everybody in the county should be proud of what Coalfield has accomplished on the football field. They have great coaches, hard working, committed players, and great community support. It would be nice to see Wartburg competitive again, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New news from the round table. Supposedly Wartburg Middle school has a good coach hired and is doing a good job. I haven't watched much Middle School ball in years but that's a good start in the right direction. It was also discussed on why Davis was hired again a few months back and was supposedly because the Wartburg High Administration didn't open any jobs inside the school for a coach and the only option they had was hire a teacher that was already there and the best candidate from that pool was Davis. He also said that there isn't even a football coach in the school building that they hired a girls basketball coach instead. So from the sound of it, it does sound like football is on the back burner.

I cant imagine that would be true but the source was a very good source as he is a retired teacher from Morgan County. If it is true the community needs to demand answers and action.

Wartburg does now have a good middle school coach as I watched my newphew play them last year. He is a way better coach than what they had before him. It will take him a few years to get that turned around but I think he could.

From what iv heard it is true Wartburg doesnt have a coach in the high school. Larry is at the Vocational like he has been for years and is the only coach on staff that is an acutal teacher. The pricniplal Dallas Davis doesnt care about football and I bet he hasnt hired football coaches in the highschool so he can hire basketball coaches.

Listen up bulldog high school players if your tired of losing and want actual good coaching and support from your school transfer and expereince it!

Wartburg does now have a good middle school coach as I watched my newphew play them last year. He is a way better coach than what they had before him. It will take him a few years to get that turned around but I think he could.

From what iv heard it is true Wartburg doesnt have a coach in the high school. Larry is at the Vocational like he has been for years and is the only coach on staff that is an acutal teacher. The pricniplal Dallas Davis doesnt care about football and I bet he hasnt hired football coaches in the highschool so he can hire basketball coaches.

Listen up bulldog high school players if your tired of losing and want actual good coaching and support from your school transfer and expereince it!

Welcome to the T

Keep this stuff at the coffee shop there is kids that read this stuff

After talking to the Tuesday morning coffee crew, two of which are from the mountain and played at Wartburg and one other who has worked in sports radio for many years have said its a pretty dark time for the program. No one had anything positive to say about the program right now only saying the program is just holding on by a thin thread and must be desperate if they hired two failed coaches in Davis and Trout to coach. They even said they heard rumors it had been discussed about dropping football. We didn't get to speak long about the dawgs of warts but if their own is talking this bad about the program it must be bad up the mountain.

I remember when they were beyond tough under Davis at one point in the early 2000's and really tough under the heavy set coach in like 2009 or 2010 who ran the up-tempo offense.