Dresden Verses Westview

ysoangry

Got family that teaches at McKenzie so I pull for the Jonny Rebs when they aren't playing Dresden. Got a long season ahead of us but like you said if we stay healthy we could do good things this year. Good luck to the Rebs this year!!

Thanks.  Now you got me trying to figure you out. LOL.  My wife teaches at the middle school. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two cents from last night are, and this is just from friends at the game or Twinkle radio. Westview is very very young and much smaller than normal, many starting sophomores. They had a few good drives straight down our throats running the ball. Dresden made adjustments second half and helped quite a bit. Dresser did what he always does he makes a play when running for his life. That is good but that can also be dangerous, If you have a disciplined D and take away the big plays when Dresser is in trouble we could be in trouble. Line needs to get better protection for QB, Yates is a monster, ATom and Jones are clutch. We have a liability without a extra point kicker. Defense will come around to stopping the run better or we are second in Region. We only have 2 real contest left this season so Dresden will have plenty of games to get to where we can be.

Hevy, listening to the game last night with former player and he made the comment the crowd was too quiet. All the rowdy folks are gone so it's back to gossip time in the stands instead of helping the team. The Bachelor in Paradise is more important then football.

4life, I've said all along that coach Rang will ride the Dresser Train all the way back to east TN so if I'm correct we will see next fall. Coach Cruise from what most have said to me is a good coach and I would assume Chuckles could do much worse so Cruise gets my vote. Unless Lamkins wants to move away from Gleason.

There was times last night that Dresser bailed to early from the pocket. Like Rang said on the radio Cruse knew what we ran and did a good job preparing. As for the defense as bad as it looked at times we still held them to under 140 yards of offense and 70 of that was on one possession

This is true. Twinkle said that Don Coady is now O line coach for Mayfield. Does he still teach at Westview or did he retire altogether? 

Nothing shocking about this outcome. Westview graduated a ton of talent last year as will Dresden  after this season. New and inexperienced players are stepping up and doing well. Lots of big talented freshmen on the sideline. All of this means a very rough season for the Chargers as Region 7 3A is loaded with Dresden caliber teams from start to finish. The future years look very bright for Westview. As for Dresden, no doubt Dresser is one of those players that dont come along very often. Rang is playing a very dangerous game with him though, its one thing if he is forced to scramble and run the ball but its another to have a run by design play for him, he has way to much talent in the backfield for that . Use Dressers arm and the legs of his running backs. Good luck to the Lions. I think Trenton and UC run games are going to be a big test for your DEF.

Nothing shocking about this outcome. Westview graduated a ton of talent last year as will Dresden  after this season. New and inexperienced players are stepping up and doing well. Lots of big talented freshmen on the sideline. All of this means a very rough season for the Chargers as Region 7 3A is loaded with Dresden caliber teams from start to finish. The future years look very bright for Westview. As for Dresden, no doubt Dresser is one of those players that dont come along very often. Rang is playing a very dangerous game with him though, its one thing if he is forced to scramble and run the ball but its another to have a run by design play for him, he has way to much talent in the backfield for that . Use Dressers arm and the legs of his running backs. Good luck to the Lions. I think Trenton and UC run games are going to be a big test for your DEF.

Might be a rough year, but the future seems bright.  I think Cantrell will be a great HC