Dresden Verses Westview

ysoangry

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I don't see how anyone could be preseason #1 besides the champion from last year. They deserve the right to have it but I hope we can get it preseason next year. lol

I disagree. Polls should represent the honest opinion of the best team at #1, progressing downward...last years accomplishments should only be used to assess this years potential. Case in point...Gordonsville took home the gold ball with 22 seniors on the team, and were #1 in several polls the following season, when in truth nobody felt that they had a chance to repeat. That's on par with making Chicago the favorites to win the NBA championship the year after Krouse "dismantled" the team and Jordan retired. They deserved every bit of the glory that they won on the field last year, but that's all.

I disagree. Polls should represent the honest opinion of the best team at #1, progressing downward...last years accomplishments should only be used to assess this years potential. Case in point...Gordonsville took home the gold ball with 22 seniors on the team, and were #1 in several polls the following season, when in truth nobody felt that they had a chance to repeat. That's on par with making Chicago the favorites to win the NBA championship the year after Krouse "dismantled" the team and Jordan retired. They deserved every bit of the glory that they won on the field last year, but that's all.

I must disagree with your disagreement. Until the first game is played why wouldn't last years Champion be number 1? No one has beat them in the off season. Doesn't matter if last years whole team was seniors and this year they are freshmen they are the champions, until they lose. Not like NCS is a small public school that doesn't reload each year. Do I think they will be #1 after 7 weeks into the season? Probably not but they earned the #1 spot right now. Last time Dresden was #1 in the state and undefeated Huntingdon monkey stomped them into oblivion. Granted we still made it to semi's in playoffs and Huntingdon went out earlier. lol

I must disagree with your disagreement. Until the first game is played why wouldn't last years Champion be number 1? No one has beat them in the off season. Doesn't matter if last years whole team was seniors and this year they are freshmen they are the champions, until they lose. Not like NCS is a small public school that doesn't reload each year. Do I think they will be #1 after 7 weeks into the season? Probably not but they earned the #1 spot right now. Last time Dresden was #1 in the state and undefeated Huntingdon monkey stomped them into oblivion. Granted we still made it to semi's in playoffs and Huntingdon went out earlier. lol

I agree with this.  You may as well start where you ended until someone proves it wrong.  And if I am Dresden, don't even put me in the top 10.  Let me stay off that poll.  If you aren't ranked, you don't have anything to live up to and put pressure on yourself.  I watched the Dresden/McKenzie scrimmage, barring injury, Dresden runs the table and I predict they are in Cookeville. I have many friends over in Dresden and even though we Rebels in my house, I pull for them Lions also.  

Let's go, Lions! Starting off a season to remember with a big W tonight over a very nervous and quiet Westview. They know it's coming.

First step in our ladder to the top. 15 in 16!!!

Well, well look what has surfaced. Been quiet all off season and now you show up. Fair weather fan!!! Cant believe nobody from Westview is on the T anymore. Tell that small boy of yours to knock some heads tonight. In a controlled manner though. lol