Milan vs Trenton

I was merely responding to where you asked if Morris had ever beaten a team that was more talented. Wanted to provide you with several examples.

I know SS had a player that went pro, but as a program I don't think that is the best example. Y'all are a much bigger school than Huntington. I don't remember y'all beating a more talented team as of late. This years team is one of the most talented teams in all of the state, we will see how well y'all are coached.

Edited by TrojanTrain

I know SS had a player that went pro, but as a program I don't think that is the best example. Y'all are a much bigger school than Huntington. I don't remember y'all beating a more talented team as of late. This years team is one of the most talented teams in all of the state, we will see how well y'all are coached.

I just used that south side team as a specific example of a team that was more talented. You are right. Other than that couple of years south side has been pretty bad. And Huntingdon and Milan were pretty close to the same size at that time. We were district rivals. They were definitely more talented than us that year. I think an example lately would be the '11 and '12 semi final games against CPA. They were the more talented team. We just had a player (Arkel Coleman) who put the team on his back and refused to lose. And....... better coaching!! 😀

Absolutely! If he had half the community support and resources that Milan has he would have won more. Every championship team Morris has had he has had great players. Has he ever beat a team that was more talented? Tabs Northside team almost beat the same Liberty team y'all got destroyed by twice. Plus y'all underachieved last year with the talent y'all had. I think when y'all get Ward it will be an upgrade. If you just go by trophy cases than Darren Bowling is the best coach in this area and we all know any legit coach can win in that situation.

Liberty 20 NS 0...NS got in the red zone 1 time in the game and the young man was run down from behind and a fumble was forced, turning it over to liberty...that was the closest NS came to scoring...not winning

now that being said...NS was a better team than Milan last season, as they should be with the large population difference...NS has always had loads of talent

As far as Morris and Ward go...the coach in waiting thing...i cant figure out how Ward's record at Crockett Co makes him a surefire replacement when Morris does retire...and who is to say he wants to leaves the Cavs anyway

Ward is a good coach no doubt, but i just feel like sure things shouldnt have multiple down seasons if they are truly able to cultivate talent like Milan has done over such a long drawn out period

Watch what happens in Haywood Co over the next 5 to 10 years

Liberty 20 NS 0...NS got in the red zone 1 time in the game and the young man was run down from behind and a fumble was forced, turning it over to liberty...that was the closest NS came to scoring...not winning

now that being said...NS was a better team than Milan last season, as they should be with the large population difference...NS has always had loads of talent

As far as Morris and Ward go...the coach in waiting thing...i cant figure out how Ward's record at Crockett Co makes him a surefire replacement when Morris does retire...and who is to say he wants to leaves the Cavs anyway

Ward is a good coach no doubt, but i just feel like sure things shouldnt have multiple down seasons if they are truly able to cultivate talent like Milan has done over such a long drawn out period

Watch what happens in Haywood Co over the next 5 to 10 years

Ward is a Milan grad. He bleeds purple.

You think South Gibson's triple option offense is a good scheme? They are undersized with

a weak passing game. That's gonna be really tough to stop. NOT!

By the way, losing a guy like Dysart, who could take it to the house at anytime, significantly

hurts that team. Clearly the best player they had. They will finish 5th again, and not

make it to the playoffs.

Think so? Southside looks good but I'm still going to have to take South Gibson over Southside by a touchdown.

The only way Westview can get in the playoffs is if they can beat both South Side and South Gibson, which is not impossible. 

Does anyone know the reason this young man is no longer on the team?  Did he transfer out of the area to another school or is he just not playing football because of discipline or other reasons?  It seems like it is being kept hush hush.

No worries! South Gibson still have Dre McCalister. Still have enough to beat your Lions!