Milan vs Trenton

Yeah, Morris's teams are better than 90% of the teams he goes against to go along with great community support which NS never had.

Other than Southside, no Jackson school has never had a

"good community support." Obviously with Milan, (a.k.a... A one city school) it helps. With Bradford not having a football team and South Gibson being new, it helps more. What helps it the most is the fact that Milan has a great history of high school football. Probably them and Henry County are the best two football programs in terms of success, on this side of Nashville (and yes, I'm including Middle Tennessee as well).

North Side doesn't have a good community support and I always scratch my head wondering why. School that usually have near 1,000 kids in their hallways, but I don't see a student section on Friday nights, our band is still going down in terms of numbers and has been for a while, and we don't "sell out" for a very good football program. I can't find out the answers on why's that the case. And pulling out the race card is the last thing I want to do.

And for Southside, a school that is why out south, they have a terrible support for their Hawks. I don't want to know what their attendance are on Friday nights, but I don't blame them for not attending Southside football games. The Hawks are not good. Getting better, not still not enough.

Edited by TennesseeVol

Yeah, Morris's teams are better than 90% of the teams he goes against to go along with great community support which NS never had.

I guess we look at "good coaching" differently. I will agree with you that most of the time we are more talented than the teams we play. But that is not because of God given talent. It is because of good coaching.

I'll give you a good example. I graduated in 1999. That fall Milan was 13-2 and state champs. When we were in 8th grade our middle school team was 1-6. The only win was over a winless team and we got destroyed by everyone else. But because we had good coaches who got us in the weight room and built us up and trained us correctly the tables were turned. Heck, even Avery Williamson was a scrawny little thing back in the day. He will be the first to tell you that it is the coaching and the training that got him to where he is today.

Good coaches do more than just coach X's and O's. They build talent, grow community support and improve resources and facilities. All of these things Milan has. And it is because of good coaching. That is why we seem better than 90% of the teams we play.

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

I guess we look at "good coaching" differently. I will agree with you that most of the time we are more talented than the teams we play. But that is not because of God given talent. It is because of good coaching.

I'll give you a good example. I graduated in 1999. That fall Milan was 13-2 and state champs. When we were in 8th grade our middle school team was 1-6. The only win was over a winless team and we got destroyed by everyone else. But because we had good coaches who got us in the weight room and built us up and trained us correctly the tables were turned. Heck, even Avery Williamson was a scrawny little thing back in the day. He will be the first to tell you that it is the coaching and the training that got him to where he is today.

Good coaches do more than just coach X's and O's. They build talent, grow community support and improve resources and facilities. All of these things Milan has. And it is because of good coaching. That is why we seem better than 90% of the teams we play.

agree 100%, everyone all ways points to Union City having so much talent for a 1a school, but what they dont see is the work these boys put in year round. everyone always say they are so big and physical, well if you see their weight room work ethic you would under stand. They hit the weights hard, extremely hard, they have double digit players in the 300lb club, and its each players goal on the team to get their name on that 300lb club wall before they graduate. Im almost the same age as you big purple having graduated in 2000, and i know all about coach Morris teams and how hard they work and get after it. I have made the trip over to watch Milan in several big games. Big, tough, and physical on a consistently bases. Most people dont get it they talk about program support and all that other stuff. They seem to think its unfair. Well in my opinion they have not earned it. Success is not given to you, you have to earn it.  Many teams earn it, but not many can sustain it over a period of time to build a top notch program. Milan, Henry Co, Huntington, and Union City are prime examples. Peabody is on the verge if they can get some constancy at the head coaching position.    

I see what you are saying. Morris used to have some pretty good assistants, but now isn't he doing everything? Offense, Defense, and ST? He is also very predictable. I know Dyersburg is too. 

Edited by TrojanTrain

I can't say for certain how this game will turn out after the talent we lost this last year. However I have full faith in that our coaches will have our boys ready to the best of their ability. It will be a fun rivalry game no doubt. I'm going to say Roll Tide here, because that's who I'll be rooting for!

I see what you are saying. Morris used to have some pretty good assistants, but now isn't he doing everything? Offense, Defense, and ST? He is also very predictable. I know Dyersburg is too.

Morris has 5 assistants I believe. He runs the defense. There is an offensive coordinator but Morris keeps him on a short string I believe. Morris used to call the offense. The new guy came in a few years ago and added a read option out of the shotgun to go along with our normal I formation ground and pound.

There is a very talented young O line coach. A D line guy. And some one who works with the receivers and secondary. There is another guy but I'm not sure his exact role. Not sure who runs special teams either. The assistants handle the freshman and middle schools teams.

agree 100%, everyone all ways points to Union City having so much talent for a 1a school, but what they dont see is the work these boys put in year round. everyone always say they are so big and physical, well if you see their weight room work ethic you would under stand. They hit the weights hard, extremely hard, they have double digit players in the 300lb club, and its each players goal on the team to get their name on that 300lb club wall before they graduate. Im almost the same age as you big purple having graduated in 2000, and i know all about coach Morris teams and how hard they work and get after it. I have made the trip over to watch Milan in several big games. Big, tough, and physical on a consistently bases. Most people dont get it they talk about program support and all that other stuff. They seem to think its unfair. Well in my opinion they have not earned it. Success is not given to you, you have to earn it. Many teams earn it, but not many can sustain it over a period of time to build a top notch program. Milan, Henry Co, Huntington, and Union City are prime examples. Peabody is on the verge if they can get some constancy at the head coaching position.

And I agree with your comments as well. Much respect for UC and their program.