HUNTLAND AT FORREST

GeneralForrest

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RANDOM GAME THOUGHTS:

- Forrest offense took 1/2 a quarter to hit "unstoppable" mode. Credit Huntland's toughness for that. They fight as hard as any team on Forrest's schedule.

- Huntland lacks depth, but that's not a 1A issue. 3 years ago they were loaded. Whoever made the 1A comment is an asinine human being. What;s the diff in overall enrollment between the 2 schools, 20 kids? Dumb.

- #1 was good for about 15 min of gametime. He has a fat line to fall thru and half the time it seemed like he was falling for 5 yards. Luke Turner of Watertown was much more impressive. #1 also quit when it was 14-0. He didn't play a snap in the 4th. 

- Forrest backups played most of the second half when ti was 28-0. They actually defeated Huntland's varsity 7-0. 

- Forrest's passing game is the best it's been in at least 3 years. 

- #8 was easily the best player on the field. 

- Some of Forrest's best players are freshman and sophomores. 

Edited by Amerigha

Forrest D gets a shutout when even I predicted Huntland would score some. Give the D and the DC credit for that. The staff seems to be a good one with Johns at the helm and his assistants. I remember only 2 penalties that were back to back I believe. a false start and a delay. #8 busted a big run on a 3rd and 13 that really changed the game. That's what great players do.  

RANDOM GAME THOUGHTS:

- Forrest offense took 1/2 a quarter to hit "unstoppable" mode. Credit Huntland's toughness for that. They fight as hard as any team on Forrest's schedule.

- Huntland lacks depth, but that's not a 1A issue. 3 years ago they were loaded. Whoever made the 1A comment is an asinine human being. What;s the diff in overall enrollment between the 2 schools, 20 kids? Dumb.

- #1 was good for about 15 min of gametime. He has a fat line to fall thru and half the time it seemed like he was falling for 5 yards. Luke Turner of Watertown was much more impressive. #1 also quit when it was 14-0. He didn't play a snap in the 4th. 

- Forrest backups played most of the second half when ti was 28-0. They actually defeated Huntland's varsity 7-0. 

- #8 was easily the best player on the field. 

The enrollment difference is over 300 kids and #8 is nearly 3 years older than #1 get your facts straight.

Huntland, Forrest & Moore County have been playing each other for as long as I can remember. All were in Region 6-1A in the mid 90's up until a few years ago. That was a tough region.

Add collinwood, Wayne co, columbia acad, and cornersville. Man that was a tough region. I don't think at that time they could schedule non region games. I recall some Moore co and collinwood teams making state finals as well.

Add collinwood, Wayne co, columbia acad, and cornersville. Man that was a tough region. I don't think at that time they could schedule non region games. I recall some Moore co and collinwood teams making state finals as well.

Yeah and you better win 8 games if you even had a thought about making the playoffs. The region went something like this.

Moore County

Cascade

Huntland

Collinwood

Forrest

Wayne County

Mt Pleasant

Cornersville

Columbia Academy

That's what it looked like when I was at Cornersville.

Edited by leadfarmer

Much higher regard than you, troll. Huntland and Moore Co. were region foes the season before last and longtime rivals. Get a clue moron!

I think I have a "clue". I played for MC in the 90's. I know the history fairly well. 1992-1996. Domination

Edited by phil24