AP Class 1A Preseason Poll

Southtowner

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't quite argue that! I only know about West Tennessee based off what I read and what's on Hudl. I am curious to see how Union City will be this year. I guess the big question would be is how good is Nashville Christian after last year's loaded team? Also if they're not the best team in the West then who do most think is the best. As a Harriman guy I hate to admit it but unless a huge upset occurs, Greenback will represent the East once again with ease. If they improve enough could they potentially bring home the gold ball this year? We will see how it plays out. One thing about it, Region 2 is loaded again and the four teams that make it come playoff time will definitely be battle tested! Not really sure about Oneida, but Harriman, Coalfield, and Greenback have top notch QB's that are more than capable of taking their respective teams on a deep playoff run! It should be an excellent season!

Greenback will represent with ease??! They are a very good team, but that's a strong statement. I can think of at least one team they may face...

Greenback will represent with ease??! They are a very good team, but that's a strong statement. I can think of at least one team they may face...

powerp that is a region foe of ours trying to get in the kids and fans heads.We real football folks that have been around this game as long as we have know better.I know the East will run thru South Pitt and I know you all are a much better team and the coaching staff alone at SP is worth no less than 14 points a game.So in my opinion who ever does make it has to beat a very good South Pitt team to advance and that doesn't work out very well most years! Edited by orngnblk

What? I don't know what you are talking about. Are you saying I'm not right in the head? Or ...Are you saying I'm not right about my Tornadoes? Or......Is it both? I would go with both. I will give you my most honest opinion of what I have seen from UC so far this season. Offensively, we are who we are. Big up front with a bruising attack and a battering ram at fullback. Our QB is very skilled and fast and makes excellent reads. We have good speed on the corners and I believe we will sling it more this year than in times past. We have the ability to kill the clock. We will keep the ball for long stretches of time and keep opposing offenses sidelined. If you don't score on every possession it could be a long night of watching these boys chew away at your chance of winning. Now, Defensively. ......We have a lot of work to do. I don't know what else to say. We have some kids playing in new positions that they have never played in before but by season's end they will be up to par. I'm glad we can get a few games under our belts before we take on the Lions. We need some time to gel. Remember what I said about scoring. You better score every time you get the chance. If you don't. ........well you know.

So it's a repeat of every year for Union City. Defense will come around like always. That's what I enjoy about watching the kind of football that you guys play. Long ground and pound drives which usually results in lots of time off the clock and a score. Makes the opposing teams play with a sense of urgency and normally causes mistakes. I haven't seen our team in person this year but from what I hear the defense has really been aggressive which we need. The offense will score oodles and oodles of points but we were also doing that going into the UC game last year. It will come down to turnovers to decide our game, in my opinion.

Does westview have anything I know dressing is supposed to be good

Pretty sure Westview is on a downward trend. They made playoffs last year but got beat in round 1 I believe. They have a new head coach and a couple new coordinators. They are in a tough 3A region and picked to be mid-pack I think. They usually have very good line play on both sides of the ball and a couple very fast skill players. Really haven't heard much about them this year though.

powerp that is a region foe of ours trying to get in the kids and fans heads.We real football folks that have been around this game as long as we have know better.I know the East will run thru South Pitt and I know you all are a much better team and the coaching staff alone at SP is worth no less than 14 points a game.So in my opinion who ever does make it has to beat a very good South Pitt team to advance and that doesn't work out very well most years!

I've told you before. We aren't as good as we have been in the past. We are much better than the 2014-2015 teams. This is the best team we've had since 2013 for sure, but I wouldn't put us in the category of those teams just yet.

I've told you before. We aren't as good as we have been in the past. We are much better than the 2014-2015 teams. This is the best team we've had since 2013 for sure, but I wouldn't put us in the category of those teams just yet.

I don't like to Categorize teams,that being said I don't know how good you all will be BUT I do know you all are much better than last year and that is enough to have my full attention! Some of the folks in our thread don't really know the tradition you all have..I DO!GB and SP have had some great playoff battles and I hope for another this year but its a long season and injuries will hurt both of us as well as the other small schools.