Franklin vs Centennial

Spotlight

This should be a good one.  Franklin will pound the run game and slow things down on offense.  On defense they can stop the inside run but are weak on the edge and in the secondary with very little speed.  Centennial will have a huge speed advantage with good size that should compete well with the big line from Franklin.  Although Centennial has a new unproven HC they should still come in with a little swagger having won the last two in the rivalry series including last years blow out at home.  All that to say I am going with the Rebels at home in a slug fest. 28-24.          

I'm interested in this one. With the raptors playing last night, I may find myself here tonight. Centennial has a new HC. Like Ravenwood, they have been told all offseason that there gonna be down. I don't know how Centennial will respond to that criticism, but Ravenwood ushered in the Wessman era with near perfect execution of the West Coast Offense. QB McCain Marrow broke Cole Brown's school record for passing with 422 yards, mostly in short throws with some occasional big yards after the catch. I don't know what will happen in Franklin, so I'm going give two predictions. If Franklin wins, 20-7 seems right. If the cougs come out on top, it will be 10-9. Let's hope for a fun and injury free game!

Should be a good one. Will go far toward seeing if Franklin is ready to take over that 3-6A Region. Loveforthegame, what are your thoughts on season outlook for Ravenwood. Looking at Siegel's schedule, I would bet that they are 0-8 going into the ninth game of the season against Warren County. Anyone on your side worried that the game was so close? Or is a win a win this early in the season?

Should be a good one. Will go far toward seeing if Franklin is ready to take over that 3-6A Region. Loveforthegame, what are your thoughts on season outlook for Ravenwood. Looking at Siegel's schedule, I would bet that they are 0-8 going into the ninth game of the season against Warren County. Anyone on your side worried that the game was so close? Or is a win a win this early in the season?

If you take away the mental errors last night then it would've been a 2-3 score game, which would have been about the point spread against Siegal last year. I know the stars lost a lot of offensive firepower to graduation but they returned 3/5 of the oline and they are better on defense than last year. I know jamborees shouldn't be taken to heart, but each of the past two years the stars beat Summit by the same amount and Summit is MUCH improved from last year. Last night wasn't perfect but miscues will be fixed and more games will be won.

Great game.  Congrats Centennial.  I had the score correct but the wrong winner.  I was however correct about Franklin being outclassed in the speed department.  It's a shame that Franklin couldn't pull this one out.  They seemed to control the ball better but struggled on special teams and couldn't cover when it counted.