McMinn County at Bradley Central

BigDave1967

I said if there's a sleeper in McMinns region it's them. Bradley was far from impressive Friday looked better in 4th quarter but lost a starting tackle. Not good McMinns strength is there d line big and strong they have one very good db. Their offense was the ? Going into this year. But they are taught to play physical to the whistle. Bradley had a couple lbs take some questionable shots after the play on the sidelines. Well McMinns style will give that right back. This could get ugly. One big match up Xman Beckingham against Cash from Bradley. Both over 6ft 5 and 260 270 range. Beckingham. Started at WV went to Bradley then Oak Ridge then last year settle in at McMinn. Hope it's on tv also

2nd longest rivalry in Tennessee history. Always will be a tough game most the time. Hope we do not over look this game for the SH game the following week.

We know how McMinn is on the field. Maybe this game won't get ugly! Beck would have continued to stay with Bradley if WV coach would have stopped being a whinner and signed that he could play. We should be ready by Friday. The starting tackle should play. They popped his knee back in that night. He was standing good at the game. He was a little sore. Hear he is doing ok

Edited by DaChampsAgain

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd longest rivalry in Tennessee history. Always will be a tough game most the time. Hope we do not over look this game for the SH game the following week.

We know how McMinn is on the field. Maybe this game won't get ugly! Beck would have continued to stay with Bradley if WV coach would have stopped being a whinner and signed that he could play. We should be ready by Friday. The starting tackle should play. They popped his knee back in that night. He was standing good at the game. He was a little sore. Hear he is doing ok

That's good to hear. To me he looked like he had improved a lot. I hate that some of the coaching in our 3 schools in different sports affects so many kids negatively. Some of it might be justified but most I doubt it. You can learn a lot about how coaches are by reading the paper. Good coaches take the blame publicly for losses even when it might be players fault. Some you will never hear say that loss is on me. Even when it's obvious.

That's good to hear. To me he looked like he had improved a lot. I hate that some of the coaching in our 3 schools in different sports affects so many kids negatively. Some of it might be justified but most I doubt it. You can learn a lot about how coaches are by reading the paper. Good coaches take the blame publicly for losses even when it might be players fault. Some you will never hear say that loss is on me. Even when it's obvious.

You're correct bud. Floyd takes a lot of blame for his self, but sometimes he doesn't put the blame on where it needs. Wether he puts his feet down on his coaches behind closed doors, we don't know. Ben Smith is one of the best coaches and respected coaches I've seen at Bradley in years.

It'll be interested to see what Floyd says bout the game friday. Still wish he hadn't of took the defensive side of the ball job.

I know it's a long shot, especially for us. Having Science Hill in a couple weeks and maybe we may play better and beat McMinn, but it wouldn't it be awesome having Bradley 3-0 vs Cleveland 3-0?! What a way that week would start. Being the best rivary in Tennessee!

You're correct bud. Floyd takes a lot of blame for his self, but sometimes he doesn't put the blame on where it needs. Wether he puts his feet down on his coaches behind closed doors, we don't know. Ben Smith is one of the best coaches and respected coaches I've seen at Bradley in years.

It'll be interested to see what Floyd says bout the game friday. Still wish he hadn't of took the defensive side of the ball job.

I know it's a long shot, especially for us. Having Science Hill in a couple weeks and maybe we may play better and beat McMinn, but it wouldn't it be awesome having Bradley 3-0 vs Cleveland 3-0?! What a way that week would start. Being the best rivary in Tennessee!

it is certainly possible having both Cleveland and Bradley meet with matching 3-0 records, but let's take it 1 game at a time.

Yes, Second oldest continiously played series in the state, and at one the biggest rivalry for both teams. But with the advent of Cleveland High and now Walker Valley, Bradley kids are not always as fired up as us old schoolers, about this game.

I thnk Bradley stays fairly vanilla and plays enough to win, with a run game and limited passing and defense. But one thing that will always be true is that this will be one of the hardest hitting games of the year.

McMinn comes off of an impressive performance against McMinn Central and Bradley comes off of a good win against Walker Valley.

McMinn will have its hands full with Copeland as he is a difference maker. In my opinion Bradley becomes a better team when they establish the pass first. That opens up holes for Copeland to exploit the defense with his legs.

The question in this game is does Bradley crowd the box and dare McMinn to throw it? I hope they do because that plays right into the Wing T theory. The Tribe played well last week so can they continue that this week. My opinion is if McMinn can limit Copeland big plays and execute the Wing T offense then they win. But if they allow Copeland to hurt them with his arm and legs then it can be a long night for the Tribe.

McMinn 28

Bradley 24

Go TRIBE!

McMinn comes off of an impressive performance against McMinn Central and Bradley comes off of a good win against Walker Valley.

McMinn will have its hands full with Copeland as he is a difference maker. In my opinion Bradley becomes a better team when they establish the pass first. That opens up holes for Copeland to exploit the defense with his legs.

The question in this game is does Bradley crowd the box and dare McMinn to throw it? I hope they do because that plays right into the Wing T theory. The Tribe played well last week so can they continue that this week. My opinion is if McMinn can limit Copeland big plays and execute the Wing T offense then they win. But if they allow Copeland to hurt them with his arm and legs then it can be a long night for the Tribe.

McMinn 28

Bradley 24

Go TRIBE!

Very good point bud, but you're forgetting one thing. We have more than just Copeland on the offense. We most likely have a better OL than you all seen last year. Devin, who should be outlet starting RB is a powerhouse runner and very good. He can wear that a defense very easy.

Our offense is most likely 50 times better than last year and as you can see or heard, we didn't need Copeland last week to win and WV is much better than McMinn Central.

We scrimmage teams that runs those funky offenses each year. Some of these kids knows bout the wingT from the likes of Polk and what Rhea runs. I think we can do a good job at stopping the wingT, but will we? Who knows!

If we play like we did last week, y'all win. If we come together like we can and work our screw ups from last week, we win easy.

Edited by DaChampsAgain