Week 2: William Blount at Alcoa

In both games, they were tied going into halftime, but had dominated early. Regardless, the story of last year was the Govs getting killed in the second half. They were not remotely competitive in the second half of games because they had no depth. You questioned me bringing up 10 and 14 point halftime deficits. Why? If you are only down by 2 scores, you have a chance to come back and win in the second half if you have depth. If you dont, you will end up getting blown out.

Dominated early but tied at the half... Interesting

BigDave,

Alcoa's style of play is vanilla and old school anyway. You know going into a game that they are going to try running down your throat. They are very good at what they do, but they are not going to put up crazy numbers on you unless your defense is exceptionally bad because running the ball the way they do eats up a lot of time off the clock. Last year, they scored 35 on the Govs, and I see them scoring about that many points this year too. If the Govs can put some long drives together and score some points it could be interesting.

BigDave,

Alcoa's style of play is vanilla and old school anyway. You know going into a game that they are going to try running down your throat. They are very good at what they do, but they are not going to put up crazy numbers on you unless your defense is exceptionally bad because running the ball the way they do eats up a lot of time off the clock. Last year, they scored 35 on the Govs, and I see them scoring about that many points this year too. If the Govs can put some long drives together and score some points it could be interesting.

I think WB goes 5-5 and is heading in the right direction

BigDave,

91, Call your score prediction.