Upperman @ Monterey

TALMAD

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monterey is now just 1a but a couple years from being a 2a school. If anyone has been to see Watertown's 2a facility, you will understand what county puts priority in athletics. Its better than all three Putnam HS football facilities.

I agree with you about Watertown. Heard it was great. What's the cutoff from 1A to 2A? I don't see Monterey growing that much unless they force kids up there. New school or not it's still out of the way & up the mountain. That's actually great for Monterey so they can grow slow.

I agree with you about Watertown. Heard it was great. What's the cutoff from 1A to 2A? I don't see Monterey growing that much unless they force kids up there. New school or not it's still out of the way & up the mountain. That's actually great for Monterey so they can grow slow.

Monterey is at 345, in comparison Trousdale is at 380 and is one of the biggest 1a schools barely bumping down to 1a from from 2a last season. Cosby is one of smaller 2a schools with 403. Monterey is not that far off.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

and again Putnam builds for the current situation and doesn't look to build for the future....

I would think when hour building a multi million dollar school the last thing on your mind is what classification the sports teams will be playing in. Or at least if your spending my tax dollars I hope that's not how you base any of your decisions

I would think when hour building a multi million dollar school the last thing on your mind is what classification the sports teams will be playing in. Or at least if your spending my tax dollars I hope that's not how you base any of your decisions

you plan on not having to expand within 10 years which is what is happening to UHS

How's that? You lost me. How did they not build for the future? What difference does their athletic class make?

They build UH in 2005 and in 2016 its almost at capacity and expansion in the works. And yes that goes for the balls fields too....ever seen Smith CO try and fit in the visitor bleachers at UHS?

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

They build UH in 2005 and in 2016 its almost at capacity and expansion in the works. And yes that goes for the balls fields too....ever seen Smith CO try and fit in the visitor bleachers at UHS?

It was ok until the last few years. The U never filled their home side...and it is small. The visitors side has never been large enough for a mediocre crowd. It didn't matter what class they were in. The layout of the fields is great. Stadiums can be expanded though. They have plenty of room to do so.

The Monterey thing is worse. Not putting stands on the visitors side due to wetlands is ridiculous...although there are some pretty nice stadiums with stands only on one side.

As far as school size...that is a much deeper problem. Most counties are not going to over build by very much due to limited resources.

Edited by Antwan