Upperman @ Monterey

TALMAD

I don't know of any public school with turf paid for by the school system. That is not likely to happen. Our indoor practice facility was paid for by boosters (close to $1 mil). Our field house was paid for by boosters. The new visitors stands were paid for by the school system. Of course...when we did that...Gordonsville got them also. They did need new bleachers because their homeside was condemned. They also got an indoor baseball/softball facility.

When you are winning especially...it is beneficial to expand. A lot of SC fans used to stay at home when they played at the U because there is no place to sit. The expansion there would pay for itself.

The only school system I know that paid for a turf field is Rhea County. Two years ago when we played down there we talked to a Rhea County Commissioner who told us the county spent about $1 million for a Field Turf surface and new running track around the field.

It's also the only high school in the county, they didn't have to do the same for two or three other schools.

And if Cookeville ever plays at Upperman again I suspect you'll see the same. It was 6 deep standing on the fence.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only school system I know that paid for a turf field is Rhea County. Two years ago when we played down there we talked to a Rhea County Commissioner who told us the county spent about $1 million for a Field Turf surface and new running track around the field.

It's also the only high school in the county, they didn't have to do the same for two or three other schools.

And if Cookeville ever plays at Upperman again I suspect you'll see the same. It was 6 deep standing on the fence.

I hear its going to be an every year thing from now on