Wayne County @ Scotts Hill

wildcat89

Preston Rice just put his bid in for Mr. Football. The 'Cats were gassed and the Lions had momentum...in comes #5 and does whatever necessary to score.

The game was a classic...our boys came out flat and got taken out behind the woodshed 'till halftime, then came out and started hitting white shirts in the mouth. First series for WC, we had a couple of highlight reel hits to pump up our offense. Shame that someone had to have an L after this one...both did enough to win most games on their schedules...one had Preston Rice to save it for them.

I think one of the biggest reasons SH got back in this game was not having as many players playing both sides of the ball. WC had 16 kids that I counted trying to fight through cramps and sit out multiple plays, I ain't never seen nothing like it

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one of the biggest reasons SH got back in this game was not having as many players playing both sides of the ball. WC had 16 kids that I counted trying to fight through cramps and sit out multiple plays, I ain't never seen nothing like it

We barely escaped a implosion last night,  we have several kids that need better conditioning, and need to learn to hydrate properly!  Coaches can tell you how you should hydrate, but ultimately its up to the players, and their parents ( parents, let's remember they are just teenagers who normally don't listen) to follow through on it!  You can't do it the day of the game it needs to be a daily process throughout the football season!  They should see that now, maybe they will be better prepared  for a 4 quarter game now!   We showed great heart and determination to win, i'm proud of them for that, but lets be prepared from here on out, if we aren't it will show as it did last night!  Good luck the rest of the season to SHHS, and as always  Go Cats!

16 kids with cramps? That is unreal! Are they not in shape or just not getting enough fluids through the week and game day? My goodness!