Smyrna @ Stewarts Creek

milo118

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one could get ugly quick. After thumping LaVergne the way Smyrna did last week if they manage to stay away from a let down then it could get back. 47-13

If SCHS stops turning it over all the time and runs the offense at the speed the wing-t is supposed to be run at and starts form tackling instead of arm tackling... Smyrna still wins 31-13.

If SCHS plays the way they did last week, Smyrna 56 - SCHS 7

(I pull for the RedHawks and hope they read this and that it pi55es them off and they play a tough focused game.. would love to eat crow over the prediction) 

Kind of surprised with this one. Not at the outcome but how little fight Stewarts Creek put up. At the beginning of the first quarter they had some fire. That quickly went away after Smyrna got a 10 point lead. Then after the delay they had some fire but that also quickly went away. As for my Bulldogs I was pleased with how they played with an exception in one area. We will circle back to that. Offense got It going early and often. Defense made adjustments and bottled up the wing T. Not to mention once the score got out of hand SC had to abandon their run game. Pleased to see the second team play better. Got a score and payed much better on D. We got to go to work and tweak those areas that need attention. Especially in one area. That is the 15 yard penalties/ trash talking. I like when we play with an edge. But don't play with that edge to the point that it takes away from the team. Overall dominating effort. Keep it up. On to Coffee County

I hope Dr. Harrell will consider "some changes" at SC.  David Martin is a great guy but that wing-t and uninspired arm-tackling/out of position defense has to go.  The next few seasons will not be good, so a new coach would have time to rebuild with a different plan of action if needed.  It's obvious that this team that some predicted to finish second behind Indy and was supposed to be a lock for the playoffs is not anywhere near that.

And a newer school doesn't need to be scheduling Smyrna, Overton, Ravenwood.