TCA vs USJ

Intense

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes intense you are right. Whole lot of tucked tails the last three years. I find it interesting westtnguru does not make it to a lot of games and the one thing he picked up on the lack of class. I wonder if he was their the night before when the student section was mocking during the national anthem or how the last 2 nights the student section just wants to come over on TCA side. I did see one thing as for football. When coach Bradley has players he will do a good job. Just like he did at CAK. Those 2 years he won the state he had the studs. I don't see any of those studs over there on the USJ sidelines. We all knew this was the the final year of the Trey Smith era. Just like USJ knew 2 years ago it was the end of the Kyle Akins era. Now what's in store for next year. We are all freshman sophomores and juniors?

Guys I know there's a lot of emotion but don't go too far-I got a guy out there and he's going to be there awhile so let's keep it civil-thanks

Guys I know there's a lot of emotion but don't go too far-I got a guy out there and he's going to be there awhile so let's keep it civil-thanks

my bad downtown. I will apologize to you. You have been a stand up guy on here. You were right USJ walked the walk last night. Good luck the rest of the way.

Everyone had been nice on this board till now. Must suck to see what USJ is building and that they are back to beating little ole TCA down. This game wasn't even a little competitive. From the opening kickoff USJ dominated the game.

I find the "little ole TCA" comment somewhat offensive and uncalled for.  It served no point save to give you an opportunity to gloat.  I usually find that new posters who pop up on The T and post comments like yours are nothing more than trolls.  It is what it is though.

TCA's visitor sides are fine for a 1A/2A school. There were plenty of seats available on the TCA home side last night. I've seen worse in terms of visitor stands than the ones Trinity has.

Friday night the home side was packed. Sat night the crowd was slim on both sides due to Third Day being in concert at EBC and the Starlight Symphony event.

Downtown you have been a very respectful poster and I appreciate that. I hope your son has a great three or four years of football but you have to understand where I'm coming from. My son started 4 years in football and soccer and three in basketball for TCA. His last year the USJ student section personally attacked him and taunted him like you would not believe. There wasn't a single parent or administrator that attempted to do anything about it. He took care of it himself and nailed 6 three pointers and shredded their press with his ballhandling but as a parent it was sickening to hear kids say the things they were saying to him. They also attacked our basketball coach based on his appearance. They constantly made comments about his lack of hair and attacked his son. These are kids that knew him in the community. I assure you that the TCA administrators or families will not tolerate our kids personally attacking your kids. It may happen for a minute or two but it will be stopped. We kicked USJ's tail during my sons 4 years so I have no sour grapes issues but I do have character attacking issues. Win with character and lose with character. Come to a basketball game and see what I'm talking about in regards to the taunting.

Rockin R there are a lot of things that happen in high school football that never would jave happened 30 years ago. I of lately have felt the sting of high school football letting my son down and ending up with him quiting in his senior year. I thought coaches were to coach a kid up to his potential not cherry pick athletes and let the rest for themselves because their not good enough. I have a sour taste in my mouth about the sport after this. My son was 90 lbs as freshman and as a senior 180 and his coach let him down because he wasn't a favorite. You gotta love favoritism

Downtown you have been a very respectful poster and I appreciate that. I hope your son has a great three or four years of football but you have to understand where I'm coming from. My son started 4 years in football and soccer and three in basketball for TCA. His last year the USJ student section personally attacked him and taunted him like you would not believe. There wasn't a single parent or administrator that attempted to do anything about it. He took care of it himself and nailed 6 three pointers and shredded their press with his ballhandling but as a parent it was sickening to hear kids say the things they were saying to him. They also attacked our basketball coach based on his appearance. They constantly made comments about his lack of hair and attacked his son. These are kids that knew him in the community. I assure you that the TCA administrators or families will not tolerate our kids personally attacking your kids. It may happen for a minute or two but it will be stopped. We kicked USJ's tail during my sons 4 years so I have no sour grapes issues but I do have character attacking issues. Win with character and lose with character. Come to a basketball game and see what I'm talking about in regards to the taunting.

Have you every been to a high school game in middle Tn/ college all the student sections are like that. I didn't make the USJ TCA basketball game last year so I can't speak on that but I did go to the JCS USJ game and JCS student section was giving it right back to the USJ students. It's all in fun and to try and get the other teams players rattled. It's no different than the Memphis schools bands playing durning live play and all the schools around here complain about it being a distraction. Refs even make the bands stop playing during live play even though it's no rule against it.