TCA vs USJ

Intense

Well a little over 24 hours till kick off. Don't know what to expect tomorrow. When you go off of opinions most people feel it will be USJ over TCA. And some believe it is one or two plays from being a runaway for the Bruins. Are the Bruins that much more superior than the Lions. I don't know. I do know some facts. Last week both schools took a loss. USJ was in overtime to FACS. TCA was to St George pretty convincing. USJ complied 263 total yards in that game. TCA compiled 313 total yards. Now was it a fluke TCA ran the ball down the throats of St George and will stumble this week. Was it a fluke USJ faltered at the end of their game and will come out on fire this week. I just don't know. I know USJ has an advantage in the kicking game and I feel that is the only advantage that they have. I will ponder it more tonight and give my prediction tomorrow. I will be picking the Lions just not sure on the score. Good luck to both and prayers for no injuries

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game day!!!!!! This game is a rivalry and is hard to pick. I watched both TCA and USJ games again from last week. Both squads have some positives. I do believe TCA will surprise some folks tonight. Every year we are told that we lost to many players and no way can we compete. Last year all of the experts said USJ would win and they did. But anyone who knows football ,TCA made a personnel change and if they had done that before the USJ game it would have been 3 years in a row that TCA would have beaten the Bruins Again this year we have lost a lot of talent. The young guys are working to try to fill those shoes. Again all the experts are picking USJ. I believe people are not reckognizing coach Butler gets more out of 30 kids then any other coach. For that reason and just the fact that these boys are fighters. TCA wins 21-17 in a barn burner.

Game day!!!!!! This game is a rivalry and is hard to pick. I watched both TCA and USJ games again from last week. Both squads have some positives. I do believe TCA will surprise some folks tonight. Every year we are told that we lost to many players and no way can we compete. Last year all of the experts said USJ would win and they did. But anyone who knows football ,TCA made a personnel change and if they had done that before the USJ game it would have been 3 years in a row that TCA would have beaten the Bruins Again this year we have lost a lot of talent. The young guys are working to try to fill those shoes. Again all the experts are picking USJ. I believe people are not reckognizing coach Butler gets more out of 30 kids then any other coach. For that reason and just the fact that these boys are fighters. TCA wins 21-17 in a barn burner.

+1000

Heavy thunderstorm moving through Jackson right now with more on the way according to current radar.  The field at TCA drains well.  It's been several years since there has been a quagmire type game there.  If this weather pattern holds, it will put a premium on the play of the lines.   Looks like some folks are going to get wet tonight.  Locally, listen in on 105.3 for the most comprehensive coverage of tonight's battle.  Air time is at 6:30pm

Kickoff is in just over 5 hours.  It's the only game in town.  I invite all of West Tennessee to make the short trip to Jackson for this big rivalry game between TCA and USJ.  TCA was selling racks of BBQ ribs last night for only $10.  I hope they have them tonight as well as they looked really tasty last night.

USJ at TCA.........It's only for bragging rights and pride.  But then again, is there really anything else?  It should be a dandy.  Bring your radios and ear buds and join me for the call of the game beginning with the Countdown To Kick Off Pregame Show at 5:30pm.  Feel the heart, soul, and passion of the game only on 105.3fm.