TCA vs USJ

Intense

Boys you guys need to settle down. As a nuetral observer both teams gad dirty/late hits and some were called and some were not. Rivalry games do that but you have to control your emotions. I watched the live streaming last night. Both teams are guilty. It happens when schools are so close together. Give each other respect and move on. Nothing to be gained by continually hashingbthis out. Good luck to both teams rest of the way.

To me this isn't about the players. They will be dealt with by their respective coaches. This is more about the behavior of the students off the field.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what more kids need these days. Stop giving them everything under the sun. Give them some discipline. I know i respect my parents for the control they had over me. And to this day out of love and respect take that in to account for my actions. My mom would still whip me too. Well if i needed it.

Watch what you say!

Why? You find something wrong or did i hurt your wittle fweelings. You deal with high school aged kids these things happen. I have faith that Butler and his staff as with most parents from TCA will handle the actions of their kids. I also have bruin friends and most of them will do the same. Its the ones that think every kid should get a trophy that think these actions are ok.

Again sorry if the truth hurts. I could care less

Edited by cardfan

Thank you to the TCA fan that explained how to get the streaming video! If I weren't so far away I would have come to the game, but it was great to be able to watch it from Knoxville. Best of luck to both teams the rest of the season!

Bradley system reminded me of ours 2 years ago when our QB set the state record for all time yards passing. It is a tough system to defend. We have a freshman QB that has the IQ for us to go back to it. Just lacks size. It's a fun system to watch for sure.

When these 2 teams face each other, it really brings out the worst in some of the players and some of the parents.  I have watched these football and basketball games for years and neither school would be very proud of the actions and words of some of their players or parents for that matter.  To judge who has been the worst is an impossible task.    Completely impossible.  But to think it is one sided is comical at best.   This thread appeared to have started about game predictions and USJ clearly was the better team this year as they have been for the majority of this series ( I think its around 16-5)   TCA won twice back to back  a few years ago with some well coached teams with a great scheme and the athletes to execute it.  

The game is over, not everyone acted on their best behavior, some of the players played hard and rough and with a great deal of passion that spilled over into "not called for"…. but both schools are guilty, both students sections and players and parents are guilty.   For whatever reason, USJ brings out the worst in TCA and their supporters.  That may never change.  Even if the coaches and parents sat down and talked with their kids about this topic, it may not matter in some cases for either school, because actions speak louder than words.    

Bradley system reminded me of ours 2 years ago when our QB set the state record for all time yards passing. It is a tough system to defend. We have a freshman QB that has the IQ for us to go back to it. Just lacks size. It's a fun system to watch for sure.

BEM, thanks for your comments. I really liked your young QB and you had an excellent young RB and WR as well.

As far as the records for all time passing, I admit I'm a homer, but the TSSAA website backs me up. All time passing is Charlie High (CAK) and single season #1 is Charlie High 2011 and #2 Charlie High 2012. http://tssaa.org/departments/tssaa-

state-records/

(He only played QB 2 years except for one game as a sophomore when our starting QB was out with a concussion)

BEM, thanks for your comments. I really liked your young QB and you had an excellent young RB and WR as well.

As far as the records for all time passing, I admit I'm a homer, but the TSSAA website backs me up. All time passing is Charlie High (CAK) and single season #1 is Charlie High 2011 and #2 Charlie High 2012. http://tssaa.org/departments/tssaa-

state-records/

(He only played QB 2 years except for one game as a sophomore when our starting QB was out with a concussion)

nothing wrong with being a homer. There has been some confusion on our kid and TSSAA. He could throw the rock. Very impressive Charlie did in 2 years. When you look at Kyle the majority came in the last 2 years. Just hope our freshman grows so he can get on the field and compete. We are young and a lot of growing up needed. Our whole team will be back next year except for 1. We went from passing team for 4 years to a running team last year. Produced 2 total different Mr Football athlete. We just don't have an offensive identity. Hopefully with region play next week we will get a few things ironed out. Last year we went 0-4 then went on a run to the semifinals. Won't happen this year but maybe get on a roll and hudl for next year. Good luck to you guys.

nothing wrong with being a homer. There has been some confusion on our kid and TSSAA. He could throw the rock. Very impressive Charlie did in 2 years. When you look at Kyle the majority came in the last 2 years. Just hope our freshman grows so he can get on the field and compete. We are young and a lot of growing up needed. Our whole team will be back next year except for 1. We went from passing team for 4 years to a running team last year. Produced 2 total different Mr Football athlete. We just don't have an offensive identity. Hopefully with region play next week we will get a few things ironed out. Last year we went 0-4 then went on a run to the semifinals. Won't happen this year but maybe get on a roll and hudl for next year. Good luck to you guys.

Well, one thing I observed with teams that played us well or not well at CAK with CRB's system is it didn't really have a lot to do with how they fared against the rest of their schedule. Because it is different, you could do great against it but not stop other offenses, or do horrible against it and do well against the rest of your schedule. Hopefully TCA will bounce back next week in region play and having the entire team back next year (except 1) will be a tremendous asset. Best of luck to your young men the rest of the season and prayers of no significant injuries!

Well, one thing I observed with teams that played us well or not well at CAK with CRB's system is it didn't really have a lot to do with how they fared against the rest of their schedule. Because it is different, you could do great against it but not stop other offenses, or do horrible against it and do well against the rest of your schedule. Hopefully TCA will bounce back next week in region play and having the entire team back next year (except 1) will be a tremendous asset. Best of luck to your young men the rest of the season and prayers of no significant injuries!

thanks brother